Who else is up Crap Creek for Valentine's?
Feb 13, 2007 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 73

Jahn

Headphoneus Supremus Prolificus
So my fake Eames chair is finally supposed to be here on the 14th, when my wife totally threw me for a loop and said something else big for me should be arriving on the same day...with a twinkle in her eye. I gently remind her that i have no cash in my account especially since all the cash in there right now is earmarked for a appliance spending spree on President's Day, and she said "don't worry i pulled something from my rainy day fund (dammit, i knew she had one!) for something i saw you drooling over. just make me some Steaks, ok?" i must admit, i make a mean steak.

what do you think it could be? no way could it be headphone-related, because i already fessed up that i traded away my big old jumbo guitar for a GS1000 (yep, part of my Curse is out of the bag early) and she was cool with it because i ate the cost out of my own stuff. honestly, i'm cool with my headphone stuff right now. and the biggest pain was this stupid IKEA seat, but i ordered that Eames thing last month so that's cash out of the bank already. argh!

but the BIG problem is that i literally have zero cash to get her something, not even a nice dinner. i better grill a darn good steak. getting a new washer drier microwave oven dishwasher stove next monday just doesn't seem to say "I love you" for some reason. argh, i'm a bad hubby.

on the other hand, she did ditch me for Fashion Week work and immediately jetted to LA to bop to Justin Timberlake, so perhaps my misery this past month gave me enough spousal capital...oh well i'll play it by ear!

so, back to the original question - who else is having, uh, difficulties stepping up for this most stressful of holidays?

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blah blah..

so, back to the original question - who else is having, uh, difficulties stepping up for this most stressful of holidays?

is it arbor day already? what day is it?

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #3 of 73
I'm so lucky. When I mention Valentines Day, my wife goes into her "That was made up by the Jewlery, Flower and Candy manufacturers" rant and I've never had to worry about getting her anything. She would take it as an insult if I did.

God has truly blessed me!!
icon10.gif

A_Sr.

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 73
i've been sick/low on cash lately, so here's my budget-tine:

We're still in high school, so I'm going to her first period classroom with those little heart-candies that have the cutsie Valentine Day messages....putting those in a heart on her desk, along with a rose that i'm going to make with construction paper or something of the like, with a note that says something along the lines of 'There won't be a place for you in my heart when this flower dies.'

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so lucky. When I mention Valentines Day, my wife goes into her "That was made up by the Jewlery, Flower and Candy manufacturers" rant and I've never had to worry about getting her anything. She would take it as an insult if I did.

icon10.gif

A_Sr.

you are a very lucky man!

For some reason I always end up single or in a fight with a lover on V day. This year my SO is outta the country. So I don't have to worry about anything. So my best bud is my Valentine... I'm not sure whether to get him a 24 pack of beer or a Bottle of Whiskey..... this is so hard...

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So my fake Eames chair is finally supposed to be here on the 14th, when my wife totally threw me for a loop and said something else big for me should be arriving on the same day...with a twinkle in her eye. I gently remind her that i have no cash in my account especially since all the cash in there right now is earmarked for a appliance spending spree on President's Day, and she said "don't worry i pulled something from my rainy day fund (dammit, i knew she had one!) for something i saw you drooling over. just make me some Steaks, ok?" i must admit, i make a mean steak.

what do you think it could be? no way could it be headphone-related, because i already fessed up that i traded away my big old jumbo guitar for a GS1000 (yep, part of my Curse is out of the bag early) and she was cool with it because i ate the cost out of my own stuff. honestly, i'm cool with my headphone stuff right now. and the biggest pain was this stupid IKEA seat, but i ordered that Eames thing last month so that's cash out of the bank already. argh!

but the BIG problem is that i literally have zero cash to get her something, not even a nice dinner. i better grill a darn good steak. getting a new washer drier microwave oven dishwasher stove next monday just doesn't seem to say "I love you" for some reason. argh, i'm a bad hubby.

on the other hand, she did ditch me for Fashion Week work and immediately jetted to LA to bop to Justin Timberlake, so perhaps my misery this past month gave me enough spousal capital...oh well i'll play it by ear!

dude,
you miss the most obvious answers when they are right in front of you..your wife like justin timberlake...so duh..get her a d i c k in a box...perfecto!
icon10.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude,
you miss the most obvious answers when they are right in front of you..your wife like justin timberlake...so duh..get her a d i c k in a box...perfecto!
icon10.gif

Just in case anyone happened to miss it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:29 AM Post #8 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

icon10.gif

A_Sr.

My wife has the same oppinion. I love my wife dearly... I consider myself lucky
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

I always HATED V-day when I was dating. Probably half of all my big fights and break-ups occurred on this dreadful, horrific day.

Jahn, take the time and piece together a collage of pictures using MS paint, photoshop, or whatever. Just you, her and the baby. Print it up on photo-paper and frame it. 8x11 frames go for around $10-$15.

Bust out the webber BBQ and grill her steak outside in the rain / snow... I can't imagine any woman would be disappointed.

Good Luck buddy!!

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 73
My wife wants stuff. She believes in the whole jewelry flowers thing. She keeps hinting at rings and earrings. I'm screwed anyways. It's our 20th anniversary this year so she is expecting big stuff.
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Feb 13, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #11 of 73
Easy. Clean the entire place, top to bottom. Take out the trash, straighten things up, do the dishes, laundry, everything. Then drop $20-$30 at the market and cook her dinner from scratch.

She will tell her friends and co-workers and they will be insanely jealous. Trust me, it'll work.

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #13 of 73
Yeah my gf and I don't like the whole commercial concept of Valentine's Day, but I'm still going to give her this sweet Snoopy card and some chocolates.
redface.gif

Because she means that much to me, and then some.
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 6:32 AM Post #14 of 73
Not to sound ungrateful, but I personally don't care to receive chocolates, jewelry or flowers. I don't even care to go to a fancy expensive restaurant either, unless someone had a gift certificate. I just can't see paying a lot of money on those things just for a holiday.

I love to receive a handmade card or even a personal letter on how that person feels about me. That means a lot to me. Giving and receiving a massage from each other. Renting a movie that the other one enjoys, even though you might not care for it. Making a special dinner, even if it's Mac & Cheese, set up a candlelight - LOL

I always like to something different around V-day too, maybe "try" to go ice skating or even roller skating. I love the more creative and crazy things!

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #15 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Easy. Clean the entire place, top to bottom. Take out the trash, straighten things up, do the dishes, laundry, everything. Then drop $20-$30 at the market and cook her dinner from scratch.

She will tell her friends and co-workers and they will be insanely jealous. Trust me, it'll work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioheadJunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love to receive a handmade card or even a personal letter on how that person feels about me. That means a lot to me. Giving and receiving a massage from each other. Renting a movie that the other one enjoys, even though you might not care for it. Making a special dinner, even if it's Mac & Cheese, set up a candlelight - LOL

Combine those two (maybe not the Mac & Cheese) and you'll be more than fine, not only for Valentine's day but for a while to come. I'd prefer a home cooked meal and a candlelight massage to most any gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back