Who else hates Facebook only giveaways
Jun 25, 2011 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TruBrew

500+ Head-Fier
Seriously I have seen at least a half dozen threads started by companies giving away free products. I think it is a great way to get your name out there. What I hate is how every one of them forces you to like them on Facebook to be eligible. 

I am not saying I think I deserve free things. I just think I should have the same opportunity to win something free as a person that has Facebook. I understand the concept; they want more exposure. If 100 people like them on Facebook people will notice, and they may only need to give away a few free pairs to do it. Very cheap marketing. The thing is, I could create a Facebook account, for the sole purpose of entering in contests. It would be like printing business cards just to try and win a free lunch. 

People without business cards want free lunch too.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 13
Giveaways are not incentive enough to sign up for Facebook.

If Facebook wants my personal information for marketing, they can cut me a check. I'm happy to sell that information, but I won't give it away for free.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 13
I agree, and that's why I don't have a Facebook. I used to have one, but it went from a private community, to them forcing everyone to expose as much information as possible, in order for them to increase their bottom line. I don't judge companies for wanting to make money,but the privacy issues are why I left. They have only gotten worse since then. 

This was more a complain on companies marketing department than Facebook itself. Facebook does provide more exposure, but I don't think they should cut anyone who doesn't have it out completely. Maybe if you post on the thread here, you get one entrance, and if you post here and "like" it on FB, you get a second, doubling your chances.

Honestly, there has been nothing given away free here that I would actually keep. Most of my gear is nicer, but I always appreciate the opportunity to hear new things. If I did win something I would listen to them for a week or two, then give them away to a friend who wears ibuds. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #8 of 13
well i am on friendface (see IT crowd for reference) but i never use it anymore and point blank wont use it for spamming people.  i absolutly f*ing hate when others do it so ill be damned if im going to do it to maybe possibly win something.

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #10 of 13
Giveaways? you never get anything. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #12 of 13
We bought some new windows for our house last week, they actually made me "like" them on FB in order to use a $500 off coupon... I was like W. T. F. !! 

so I "liked" them, then "unliked" them once I got home 
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #13 of 13
joined FB a few years ago when Head-Fi Failed to join the temp site. Built a friends list of people I know, yada, yada..... but deleted my account, COMPLETELY a few months back. It just really annoys me the way they're skimming data from their 600,000,000 user accounts to sell to marketers. I won't be part of it, I'll email my real friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back