Who are the JH11 Pro directed at?
Aug 10, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #16 of 24
I can tell you why they are there. They are there to push you to go to a even more expensive iem up in the list
wink.gif

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 24
I asked this exact question of Jerry a month ago when I was at JHA. In short, the JH11 was put into the line to correct the "wrong" (my language) that was done to Jerry's original UE11 design/tuning shortly after he sold the company. Offering the line does not really cost JHA additional money and it does give them a comparable 4-driver product to the UE offering at a lower price and w/o the cloudy bottom end. Don't forget that a large segment of Jerry's business is professional musicians and their audio crew members -- some of these folks are looking for a less neutral, bass-enhanced sound.

I recommend that anyone who speaks to Jerry should try and get him to tell you the story about Alex van Halen and the UE11 tuning. Funny stuff.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 24
Well, I ended up going with a JH11. I originally got the JH10x3's but was a little disappointed in the sound signature. I wanted something that sounded more similar to my L3000s but portable. Jerry recommended the JH11s so that's what I'm going with. Haven't gotten them yet but I'm really anticipating them. From the universal fits I heard at CanJam I just felt the JH13s would be too neutral for me. Everyone is comparing them to the HD800s and thus how great they are. Personally, the HD800 isn't for me either. I'll take my L3000's any day of the week. Just a matter of taste.

Aug 11, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangelove /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I ended up going with a JH11. I originally got the JH10x3's but was a little disappointed in the sound signature. I wanted something that sounded more similar to my L3000s but portable. Jerry recommended the JH11s so that's what I'm going with. Haven't gotten them yet but I'm really anticipating them. From the universal fits I heard at CanJam I just felt the JH13s would be too neutral for me. Everyone is comparing them to the HD800s and thus how great they are. Personally, the HD800 isn't for me either. I'll take my L3000's any day of the week. Just a matter of taste.

This is exactly what I was saying before. In this case you got a "better" product with lower price. I prefer JH13 (based on demos) but I see how someone could prefer JH11.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #20 of 24
i think it works as,

JH5=UE4 Killer
JH7=UE7 competitor
JH10=UE10 Competitor
10X3 = Less detailed, and smaller Soundstage JH13
JH11=Properly done UE11
JH13=Aural Sex

So i would see how some would prefer the JH11 over the JH13, just like someone would prefer the Ue10 over the Ue11. I think it's just a different sound signature where i believe the JH11 should sound more fun, with a "U" sound signature while the 10X3 and the 13 would be more neutral. Some people prefer the UE7 over the UE10 cause the UE7 is bass heavier and less neutral.

Jun 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #21 of 24

maodi,
do you find the balance to be different between the 10x3 and 13?  i've been auditioning the demos for a few days, and the midrange of the 10x3 seems much more vibrant and forward to me (specifically vocals).  what were your impressions between the two?  i'm also more impressed by the imaging of the 10x3.  i listen to a lot of acoustic/vocals/blues/old rock, and the 10x3 just seems to sound better.  the 13 actually has a muddier sound to my ears.  hope i don't get stoned by the 13 crowd for saying that.  
smile.gif

anyhow, i'm very interested in your impressions of any of the jh line. i have access to all of the universal models and in the weeks i've been scouring head-fi looking for ANY opinions on the line excepting the 13, you were one of the very few helpful voices on the site.  got any advice for me?  

thanks very much.

Quote:
i think it works as,

JH5=UE4 Killer
JH7=UE7 competitor
JH10=UE10 Competitor
10X3 = Less detailed, and smaller Soundstage JH13
JH11=Properly done UE11
JH13=Aural Sex

So i would see how some would prefer the JH11 over the JH13, just like someone would prefer the Ue10 over the Ue11. I think it's just a different sound signature where i believe the JH11 should sound more fun, with a "U" sound signature while the 10X3 and the 13 would be more neutral. Some people prefer the UE7 over the UE10 cause the UE7 is bass heavier and less neutral.

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #22 of 24
Anybody able to comment on JH11 versus JH5? 

Key areas that interest me.

Efficiency, Bass, Treble and overall smoothness.

I guess what I am wondering is the JH11 a less edgy and more refined sounding JH5?

Thanks

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #24 of 24

Quote:
Anybody able to comment on JH11 versus JH5? 

Key areas that interest me.

Efficiency, Bass, Treble and overall smoothness.

I guess what I am wondering is the JH11 a less edgy and more refined sounding JH5?

Thanks

I owned a JH 11 and I also tried the demo of the JH 5.
JH 11 very rich in the bass area, so bass guitar is really much more well defined.
JH 5 is a mid range boost IEM  I listen to instrumental rock so I hear the lead guitar much louder.

I still prefer JH 11 because it's more impactful I like strong bass. JH 5 the drums resonance wasn't as prominant as the JH 11. However if you like mid range boost then go for the JH 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back