Whiplash Audio TWag Cable on JH13's
Jan 30, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #62 of 114
I just started using the twag cable with my jh-13's and I find the bass a bit bloated and heavy compared to the stock cable. Will this change with burn in?

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #63 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just started using the twag cable with my jh-13's and I find the bass a bit bloated and heavy compared to the stock cable. Will this change with burn in?

All I can tell you is that I never listened to my TWag cable without burn in. I burnt it in for 14 days whilst I was out of town, and, after 300+ hours, the sound of the TWag and the JH13s was just brilliant on both ends of the frequency spectrum....middle too!

I'd suggest letting the cable burn in for a while.

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #64 of 114
This may be a stupid question but can you burn in with say a universal fit for 300 hours then transfer cables to the intended IEM that you would use? Dont want to burn with my IEM for 300 hours straight.

Feb 1, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #65 of 114
Dang

Just missed out on ordering this cable for $275. It has gone back up to $475 today!!. Have emailed whiplash to see if i can still get it for the sale price. Only just discovered this cable over the weekend and was about to order.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #66 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang

Just missed out on ordering this cable for $275. It has gone back up to $475 today!!. Have emailed whiplash to see if i can still get it for the sale price. Only just discovered this cable over the weekend and was about to order.

I have decided to adjust pricing. Stay tuned for the discounted price.

Unfortunately I do have to raise it a bit. The low intro price is was too low...

Thanks!
Craig

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #67 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by noddy43 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may be a stupid question but can you burn in with say a universal fit for 300 hours then transfer cables to the intended IEM that you would use? Dont want to burn with my IEM for 300 hours straight.

yes you can! However the 300 hours on your IEMs will not really make any difference to the overall durability.

In fact, I always burn in ever piece of audio equipment for atleast 6 days!! Headphones (IEMs, full size), amps, DAPs - everything.

Craig

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #68 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by SACD-Man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have decided to adjust pricing. Stay tuned for the discounted price.

Unfortunately I do have to raise it a bit. The low intro price is was too low...

Thanks!
Craig

Wow, this is a bad timing on my side. Sold my 48" TWag and did not order the 64" one yet.

Feb 1, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #69 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, this is a bad timing on my side. Sold my 48" TWag and did not order the 64" one yet.

Email me.. I will take care of you.

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #70 of 114
I missed out on the intro price too, wanna get one too for my JH11s but short on cash now... Guess I'll get it at its revised pricing then, but Craig, this is not going up again anytime soon right?

Feb 2, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #71 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Notti Panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I missed out on the intro price too, wanna get one too for my JH11s but short on cash now... Guess I'll get it at its revised pricing then, but Craig, this is not going up again anytime soon right?

Nope!
Sorry about the increase. Material costs went up and I just had to increase the price. In fact it should be much higher based on cost and SQ. However I realize that headfi'ers are spending lots in IEMs...so I decided to only increase the price minimally!!

This price should stay for some time...

Craig

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #72 of 114
That's great to hear! Thanks Craig for the great product and nice support to cash strapped headfi'ers like me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back