Whiplash Audio TWag Cable on JH13's
Dec 2, 2009 at 6:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 114

SierraHotel01

100+ Head-Fier
Just ordered a 48" TWag (brand new product - high strand count silver) cable for my JH13's,
from Craig @ Whiplash. (It was a pleasure doing business with him)

$275

reported to sound even better than his well-received SCSCag cables.

Anybody have a TWag cable yet?

(if not, I'll post impressions @ 150 hours burn-in)

Dec 2, 2009 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 114
What is diference betwen these two?
smily_headphones1.gif
)thanx.

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 114
I payed and ordered the SCSCag last night only to have pfillion point me to the tread with the TWag. So, of course, I'm now talking to craig about upgrading to the Twag
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #8 of 114
Pretty sick deal. Nowhere else has stranded OCC silver, such wire just can't be had investing many, many thousands. GJ Lee and Craig for bringing this product into reality. It should have comparable (or better, who knows?) performance to the solidcore but be super flexible.

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #9 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty sick deal.

Indeed. The wholesale parts cost alone is really close to what Craig is offering these for.

FYI--If I was to offer this wire at retail to DIY'ers (which I will not), just the parts cost would be significantly higher that the price Craig is selling these for.

Peace,

Lee

Dec 3, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 114
If this kickass wire doesn't come out by the foot soon, people are going to start pulling a Qusp on these IEM cables (think his Piccolino wired gear). That Piccolino didn't come by the foot
evil_smiley.gif
. Then again I will probably be getting JH13s and one of these cables for non nefarious purposes in January. The SCSCag solidcore silver wire is a ridiculously awesome wire for headphone recables in general - the stranded stuff really comes to the rescue for IEMs and portable gear as the flexibility really and truly matters in that situation.

Forgive me if I'm overstepping with this post. When wire that is really awesome that has no bulk availability is out (like Piccolino) sometimes people will stop at nothing to get a hold of it. Just a joke, I will use this wire for its intended purpose when my JH13s get ordered.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is diference betwen these two?
smily_headphones1.gif
)thanx.

SCSCag = solid core (stiffer than OEM cables)

TWag = high strand count (limp & flexible, more like OEM cables)

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCSCag = solid core (stiffer than OEM cables)

TWag = high strand count (limp & flexible, more like OEM cables)

Sonically how are they different?

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:29 PM Post #14 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sonically how are they different?

Sorry guys - just received my [high strand count] TWag cable, and it's burning in.

Craig says to give it 150 hours - but I intend to give it a critical listen at 50, 75 and 100 hours, respectively.

I can vouch for Pfillion's claim that, out of the box, it's a bit "muddy" - but that is totally expected.

Owners emphatically state: the SCSCag cables open up to provide Awesome performance, from top, to bottom end - after burn-in.

Haven't listened to the SCSCag [solid core].

But Pfillion has both - maybe we can ask him for a comparison of SQ, after his TWag burns in.

He raved about the SCSCag - darn him - which is what got me into this mess, in the first place!
icon10.gif

fwiw: I think Aftermarket Cable Guru's seek to find a limp / flexible stranded cable, that sounds as good as a stiffer solid core cable.
(but, what do I know?)

PS: there was a UPS SNAFU when my TWag cable was delivered.
Let me state, for anybody "on the fence" about purchasing, from Craig @ Whiplash Audio:
The way Craig handled a situation that wasn't his fault; and his unwavering commitment to his customer - were both extremely noteworthy. Result: he earned a dedicated / repeat customer here (that's IF, this darn thing ever burns in; omg, another 120 hours! Don't know if I can make it! - lol).

Dec 5, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #15 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraHotel01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But Pfillion has both - maybe we can ask him for a comparison of SQ, after his TWag burns in.

Unfortunately it won't be possible for me to compare both cables because I don't have the SCSCag wire anymore. (I didn't keep the SCSCag cable because the TWag cable will be more flexible and better for IEMs.)

I should receive my cable by the end of next week, the wait is almost over.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back