Whiplash Audio TWag Cable on JH13's
Jan 2, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #46 of 114
I have also more than 300 hours of burn in and the sound quality is really unbelievable!
eek.gif
(Touch 2G -> RSA Shadow -> JH13 Pro)

Happy New Year!

Jan 2, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #48 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have my TWag cable on my jh-13's right now listening to some metal with about 100 hours straight off my da11 and it is a very very nice cable
biggrin.gif

How do you compare the Twag to the Piccolino? I'm dying to know.

Jan 2, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #51 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SSCag = 24awg and Twag = 26awg?
Are they different only in term of flexibility? but SQ are the same?
Thank you in advance.

For the replacement cable, both are 26awg...

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #52 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SSCag = 24awg and Twag = 26awg?
Are they different only in term of flexibility? but SQ are the same?
Thank you in advance.

The TWag is more flexible the the SSCag, but I would take care in making sure one doesn't wind either of them too tight.

I only listened to the SSCag briefly without much burn-in before sending it back to Craig as a trade in for the TWag. As much as my sixty-year-old brain will remember and permit, the TWag is a big step up in SQ. Please remember the comparison though: no direct A/Bing and an old brain!

Jan 2, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #53 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the feedback, btw, how about bass? and since you have the stock cable, did you do and A/B comparison?

As I indicated in my post yesterday, the bass is really remarkable. I am hearing bass notes and lines I never heard with my other 'phones, notably my DT880 (not the best, I know). The only IEM that comes close for me in bass presentation that I have used is the Klipsch X10. However, the Klipsch bass is not as present or deep as the JH13s. These I have compared.

No, I did not do an A/B comparison with the JH13 stock cable. I was so struck by the TWag when I finally listened to them yesterday, I decided, why bother??? Not much help there. Sorry.

Jan 3, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #54 of 114
I am waiting for my TWag cable to arrive. I have the SCSCag cable and I am using that all the time. This cable really makes music come to life compared to the stock JH13 cable. I can hear more detail with the SCSCag. Since then I never gone back to the stock cable. I am expecting the TWag to be another step up.

Jan 4, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #56 of 114
Is there something like this for my new TF10 customs?

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #58 of 114
Hi, Can anyone compare the SQ of Lune Series from null audio VS TWag cable on the JH13? Actually I plan to order Lune Series for my JH13. But now i also interested TWag.

Can anyone help me and suggest me which one best for me. LUNE or TWag ??

Thankss

Jan 20, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #59 of 114
The Lune series cable sounds dull compared to the TWag cable. The sound of the TWag is so open and clear.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #60 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am waiting for my TWag cable to arrive. I have the SCSCag cable and I am using that all the time. This cable really makes music come to life compared to the stock JH13 cable. I can hear more detail with the SCSCag. Since then I never gone back to the stock cable. I am expecting the TWag to be another step up.

It sure is. unique in design. While the SCSCag is an outstanding wire, TWag adds a different flavor.

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back