While we are waiting for our Zana Deux'es... Who's in on this run?
May 31, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #31 of 52
Good to go? But still it's going to take another month?
What is the problem actually? Last time it was the metal housing?

May 31, 2008 at 9:40 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to go? But still it's going to take another month?
What is the problem actually? Last time it was the metal housing?

I think he has been waiting for some parts...

May 31, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #33 of 52
You're right about waiting for parts.

Craig's email verbatim was: Still anticipating an end of June shipment " . . . if USPS has not lost the capacitors coming from Canada. They are still MIA."

jeffreyj900 -- thanks for the welcome! I'm calling my credit card company to see if they'll raise the limit, and rationalizing it all as doing my part to stimulate the economy . . . Just don't tell my wife how much I'm spending!

May 31, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #34 of 52
I'm about ready to go to Canada and start looking for Craig's lost capacitors.

Been waiting since Febuary... OK, go to your happy place now. Mmmm, Moosehead beer. There we go.

May 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #35 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm about ready to go to Canada and start looking for Craig's lost capacitors.

Yes, please come and give me a helping hand!

Jun 1, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #36 of 52
For those waiting a long time for your Zana, this is pretty normal for this amp. Mine is serial # 11. I ordered in November of 06 I believe and recieved it in April of 07. Craig, being a one man operation does tend to be a bit slow. And because the contracters he works with will put higher volume jobs above his, delays are inevitable. Then take into account that parts supplies for exotic pieces may evaporate and he now needs to find new sources, or equivalent parts, and you can see the problem.

I was pretty impatient too. It's a fair chunk of cash to have sitting in limbo. But trust me - you will not regret the wait once that amp is glowing on your rack.

You all are in for a big treat. Hold on a bit longer - it's worth it!

A_Sr.

Jun 1, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #37 of 52
It's a very short wait for an amp of such quality. Take your pick of things that ship immediately, if you can settle for mundane.

I cheated and bought mine used
biggrin.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a very short wait for an amp of such quality. Take your pick of things that ship immediately, if you can settle for mundane.

I cheated and bought mine used
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah I'm waiting. This is harder than being a kid at christmas eve
rolleyes.gif

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:10 PM Post #39 of 52
I'm on the list too for this run.
Craig sent me a jpg of the new cover plate. It's shiny black but otherwise identical to the matte black one. He said the top and bottom plate will be grey/silver and that the screws are stainless steel. This makes for a nice contrast in color.
My setup is computer audio using Foobar2000 with Secret Rabbit Code upsampling to 24 bit 96 Khz. This signal goes to an Empirical Audio Offramp Turbo2 USB to S/PDIF convertor out to a Channel Islands Audio VDA-2 DAC with matching VAC-1 power supply into a Headroom Max 2004 amp and then to Grado GS1000 phones.
Using computer audio allows me to use a 20 band equalizer to reduce the treble peek and also slightly reduce the heavy lower bass.
I think this is going to be a great upgrade.
Best wishes to all!

Jun 10, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #40 of 52
BobMajor;4317025 said:
I'm on the list too for this run.
Craig sent me a jpg of the new cover plate. It's shiny black but otherwise identical to the matte black one. He said the top and bottom plate will be grey/silver and that the screws are stainless steel. This makes for a nice contrast in color.
QUOTE]

I've decided I'm going to be like a groom before the wedding and not look at any more pictures of the ZD, especially the new ones. Back in early March, Craig offered me a custom all black Zana that a customer had cancelled. I declined because I thought the traditional scheme had a cooler retro look and I wanted the stepped attenuator upgrade that he offered this time around. At times I kick myself for not taking it, but once I finally get mine I will be glad that I made the right decision. Can't be too much longer.... right?

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #41 of 52
I inquired about the stepped attenuator and Craig said that he had to cancel the idea. The one he tried didn't have enough steps to be satisfying the an attenuator with more steps wouldn't fit in the amp.

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #42 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMajor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I inquired about the stepped attenuator and Craig said that he had to cancel the idea. The one he tried didn't have enough steps to be satisfying the an attenuator with more steps wouldn't fit in the amp.

Yes, I was told that too.

Jun 10, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #43 of 52
Bummer. I can understand though. My Ayre preamp pot is stepped and at (rare) times I wish I could be in between two levels. Probably even more of an issue in the intimate setting of headphones. The sonic qualities are considerable however.

Jul 9, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffreyj900 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone get theirs yet? Last e-mail I got a couple of weeks ago, said he was picking up one to test, and was going to ship it out?

Jeff

I think Dr. T was the first on the waiting list. I do not know if he has got his amp yet. They are making about 3 pr. week, and I think that would make at least 6 by now, so hopefully we will see some impressions soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back