Which V-Moda earbuds should I get?
Sep 17, 2010 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

batphink

500+ Head-Fier
Remember the Gizmodo article, The Secret Scam of Cheap Earbuds?  V-Moda responded with the Earbud Upgrade Program, send in a pair of earbuds to V-Moda and get a $35 coupon.  I had a pair of busted Skullcandy Ink'd I was about to toss into the trash so I figured why not?  Now I have a non-transferrable coupon that's good til the end of the month.  I've narrowed it down to two choices.

The Vibe

The Remix Audio

I've heard of V-Moda products but never heard them before.  Is there a significant difference in audio quality between models?  What about build quality?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's had previous experience with V-Moda.

Sep 17, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
bubsdaddy? u sure his products are legit? he has lke 1 cent vibes....

I've bought V-Moda Vibes from 128headphones as well so I can personally vouch for his legitimacy. He seems to be an official V-Moda reseller (although I can't say for sure whether or not that's true).

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #9 of 13
I paid $3.99 for the Bass Freq on his "for my twitter peeps" special which he occasionally runs (currently priced at $5.99 for the green). I can vouch that they are legit Bass Freqs as I was replacing a pair that I had broken and the sound and packaging was the same. The V-Moda Vibe looks legit but I have not had a chance to listen as my wife and daughter have them. I paid $6.99 each for them in pink.  I am convinced they are legit and I have only purchased through Buy It Now. I ordered the last set on a Tuesday and had the shipping notice an hour later. They arrived from California to Michigan on Friday.

One more thing I really enjoy about the Bass Freq is the low profile and fullness of the sound. I like to wear them as I go to sleep and I can have the volume at about 25% on my iPod Touch and it still sound really full and warm. I am a sucker for a IEM bargain.

Sep 18, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #10 of 13
You made me curious so I just got my wife's Vibes out for a listen. Geez, $6.99 for these? Seriously good for so little money. I saw a black pair with the "sport hook" that look otherwise identical to these yesterday at Costco for $50. I think I may order a few more pairs for stocking stuffers. They come with a pretty nice little carrying pouch and 3 sets of ear tips in both clear and black along with a cord wrap utility which I can't ever see using. Anyway, I think you can order with confidence.

Sep 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 13
well i think i may do that basically.... im ordering a higher end pair though that hopefully will be a long term investment. i listen to 35 percent rock 35 perc classical 25 percen hip hop 5 percent other. i've narrowed my choices down to the mc5, ie6, and the HJE900..... which to get?!?!?!?!?! gahhhhh durability is an issue for me, so i didn't add the RE0 on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back