1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Which V-Moda earbuds should I get?

1. batphink
    Remember the Gizmodo article, The Secret Scam of Cheap Earbuds?  V-Moda responded with the Earbud Upgrade Program, send in a pair of earbuds to V-Moda and get a $35 coupon.  I had a pair of busted Skullcandy Ink'd I was about to toss into the trash so I figured why not?  Now I have a non-transferrable coupon that's good til the end of the month.  I've narrowed it down to two choices.

The Vibe

333.jpg

The Remix Audio

vmoda1.jpg

I've heard of V-Moda products but never heard them before.  Is there a significant difference in audio quality between models?  What about build quality?  I'd like to hear from anyone who's had previous experience with V-Moda.

2. batphink
    bueller.jpg

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

3. spider
    IMO if you have to pay extra for a pair I would say none, Check out the meelec product line instead. 

4. bubsdaddy
    I just bought some V-Moda Vibes for my wife and daughter from this guy:

http://stores.ebay.com/128headphones

His prices are low and he ships fast. I also bought some Bass Freqs and the transactions have been very smooth.

5. yearsofwisdom
    bubsdaddy? u sure his products are legit? he has lke 1 cent vibes....

6. TheGame21x

Quote:

I've bought V-Moda Vibes from 128headphones as well so I can personally vouch for his legitimacy. He seems to be an official V-Moda reseller (although I can't say for sure whether or not that's true).

7. yearsofwisdom
    is the 1 cent really feasible? how much did you pay for yours?

8. yearsofwisdom
    bump?!

9. bubsdaddy
    I paid $3.99 for the Bass Freq on his "for my twitter peeps" special which he occasionally runs (currently priced at $5.99 for the green). I can vouch that they are legit Bass Freqs as I was replacing a pair that I had broken and the sound and packaging was the same. The V-Moda Vibe looks legit but I have not had a chance to listen as my wife and daughter have them. I paid $6.99 each for them in pink.  I am convinced they are legit and I have only purchased through Buy It Now. I ordered the last set on a Tuesday and had the shipping notice an hour later. They arrived from California to Michigan on Friday.

One more thing I really enjoy about the Bass Freq is the low profile and fullness of the sound. I like to wear them as I go to sleep and I can have the volume at about 25% on my iPod Touch and it still sound really full and warm. I am a sucker for a IEM bargain.

10. bubsdaddy
    You made me curious so I just got my wife's Vibes out for a listen. Geez, $6.99 for these? Seriously good for so little money. I saw a black pair with the "sport hook" that look otherwise identical to these yesterday at Costco for $50. I think I may order a few more pairs for stocking stuffers. They come with a pretty nice little carrying pouch and 3 sets of ear tips in both clear and black along with a cord wrap utility which I can't ever see using. Anyway, I think you can order with confidence.

11. yearsofwisdom
    now what v moda model is the best? in terms of bass? best for classical? best for rock? best for hip hop?

12. bubsdaddy
    It's hard to say. I really like both. I think the Vibe is probably a bit better overall. At that price, why not get both and use one as your "beater" pair?

13. yearsofwisdom
    well i think i may do that basically.... im ordering a higher end pair though that hopefully will be a long term investment. i listen to 35 percent rock 35 perc classical 25 percen hip hop 5 percent other. i've narrowed my choices down to the mc5, ie6, and the HJE900..... which to get?!?!?!?!?! gahhhhh durability is an issue for me, so i didn't add the RE0 on my list.