Which Tweaks have worked for you?
Jul 6, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #31 of 64
How do you apply the nano liquid to the usb, hdmi, sata cables and ports of devices? Both metal shield and connector pins?
Mechanical contact points only. So if you are wondering how to get into small tight connectors where the contact points or pins are…
Just use the edge of a paper towel with isopropyl alcohol to clean first. To apply the Nano Liquid, the bristles of the applicator brush will slide into those connectors to reach the contacts.

By the way, I and everyone that I know that has tried the Nano Liquid on the main SSD/HDD SATA cables, have really liked the sonic performance gain.

Jul 7, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #32 of 64
Mechanical contact points only. So if you are wondering how to get into small tight connectors where the contact points or pins are…
Just use the edge of a paper towel with isopropyl alcohol to clean first. To apply the Nano Liquid, the bristles of the applicator brush will slide into those connectors to reach the contacts.

By the way, I and everyone that I know that has tried the Nano Liquid on the main SSD/HDD SATA cables, have really liked the sonic performance gain.
I was afraid that brushing the nano liquid inside those connectors would cause to short-circuit because those pins are so close together.

I'll give it a try then. Thank you.

Jul 7, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #33 of 64
**** Highest Bang for Buck Tweaks **** These tweaks are universal on any audio setup and will yield stunning results.
Here’s my highest bang for the buck tweak; adjusting an EQ in bypass mode. It can yield a stunning difference but costs nothing because it doesn’t matter if you use a cheap/free EQ, as it’s bypassed and not doing anything anyway. For a real TOTL audiophile experience, an expensive EQ would be better though. :)

G

Jul 7, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #34 of 64
I was afraid that brushing the nano liquid inside those connectors would cause to short-circuit because those pins are so close together.

I'll give it a try then. Thank you.
This will seem counter intuitive, the Nano Liquid is not conductive. I even use the Nano Liquid on the PCIe and Memory contacts in the PC. Only place I did not apply is on CPU. Let me know how it goes for you.

Jul 14, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #35 of 64
This will seem counter intuitive, the Nano Liquid is not conductive. I even use the Nano Liquid on the PCIe and Memory contacts in the PC. Only place I did not apply is on CPU. Let me know how it goes for you.
As I'm too broke to afford additional upgrades right now, this series of posts inspired me to get out my High Fidelity Cables NPS-Q45T contact enhancer and apply it to my speaker cables and interconnects. Ugh, what a mess. It gets on everything and you have to be careful plugging the cables back in. Such a drag.

But damnit, it works. I have no idea how or why it works, but it does. It makes the sound of my system a little clearer and a little smoother. Music is now more engaging, and it's not a subtle effect.

Attachments

• 9AB4A9C4-4B56-40A2-B589-2D6493E8391B_1_201_a.jpeg
    9AB4A9C4-4B56-40A2-B589-2D6493E8391B_1_201_a.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Jul 14, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #36 of 64
As I'm too broke to afford additional upgrades right now, this series of posts inspired me to get out my High Fidelity Cables NPS-Q45T contact enhancer and apply it to my speaker cables and interconnects. Ugh, what a mess. It gets on everything and you have to be careful plugging the cables back in. Such a drag.

But damnit, it works. I have no idea how or why it works, but it does. It makes the sound of my system a little clearer and a little smoother. Music is now more engaging, and it's not a subtle effect.
The contact enhancer you are using is likely (I am not familiar with Q45t) doing what the Furutech Nano Liquid does. Which is minimize or eliminate micro arcing of the electrical signal. Which lowers noise floor and makes the presentation sound more musical and system more resolving.

Jul 14, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #37 of 64
Ummm don't have much experience with most of these - so I'll delve into mine. Warning: room stereo related. Not interested - stop. I will post headphone related stuff later.

Speaker set-ups: I've reorganized my own rooms and went to the extreme of designing/building/modifying rooms for 2 channel stereo - professionally. No interest in HT.

This is an idealist/strict list - don't freak.

1. No wall to wall carpeting, no sprung wooden floors. Concrete, tile over concrete. Then 2x3 throw rugs or a carpet with 50% bare and 50% carpet material in an 18" pattern.

2. Weak walls - poorly attached? More 2x4 and/or more screws. Plaster better.

3. Limited glass - partially covered, able to open on to a quiet area, etc... Better if they are uniform/symmetric.

4. Turntable? In a closet. Even a $3k stand vibrates, wall no good. Get up and change your vinyl. I did for 34 years. Oh yes remove totally the dust cover during play or altogether - just throw a piece of firm plastic over your rig when not in use.

5. Main (and only) listening chair mostly wood and/or metal. Not above shoulder level no big seat full of stuffing. No couch under you! No love seat. Sit on a stuffed chair in your sweet spot. Put on a treble rich recording. See saw back and forth over bare floor and stuffing. Wild Hunh? Same sideways.

6. Big fan of ASC tube traps. And Sonex (cut into 1'x1' squares - but easy to overdo. Impossible to overdo traps - until your wallet or eyes stop you.

7. Nothing on back wall between speakers except ASC traps (diffusion, largest diameter in front corners). No big ego rack. It kills your soundstage. Also start listening with eyes closed. Ears take well more of your brain with them closed. Stop peeking at your $5k amp. I like equipment close and low. To my right rear so the reflections are minimal. Amp between speakers with no more than 16' of balanced cable to your amp. Sorry but for 25 years SE proves to be inferior to balanced - both cables and electronics. TT closet needs to have max 12' run for SE (blah), 16 for balanced. SE uninsilated cable away from stone/concrete.

Oops - speakers on spikes please.

Nobody will meet these criteria, but taking some stuff from it, if you care, will help. More reasoning available to support this way of hearing acoustic music recorded by 3 mics - just ask.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #38 of 64
I confess I haven’t read the whole thread so someone else might have already recommended this. I found turning on the system resulted in a massive audible increase in sound level and quality. Without power it was lacking in sound stage, depth and resolution. The only area it excelled in was blackness of the silences. With the power on. Wow the sound just jumped out of the system. Even with very modest components you will see a night and day difference. Amazingly many systems even enable this with a single control button. Truly amazing. Turning the system on is a definite 10 in sound improvement for me. Of course depending on your favourite genre of music you may experience exactly the opposite effect.

Jul 16, 2022 at 4:29 AM Post #39 of 64
The contact enhancer you are using is likely (I am not familiar with Q45t) doing what the Furutech Nano Liquid does. Which is minimize or eliminate micro arcing of the electrical signal. Which lowers noise floor and makes the presentation sound more musical and system more resolving.
No, the Q45t is completely different. It's doing something to the magnetic field rather than improving the electrical contact - in an obscure way I've given up trying to understand.

Anyway, my Nano liquid and QSA Red wall socket have arrived. I'll be changing just the socket first and letting that settle in before doing anything to the contacts. So a few more days to go.

Jul 16, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #40 of 64
No, the Q45t is completely different. It's doing something to the magnetic field rather than improving the electrical contact - in an obscure way I've given up trying to understand.

Anyway, my Nano liquid and QSA Red wall socket have arrived. I'll be changing just the socket first and letting that settle in before doing anything to the contacts. So a few more days to go.
Suggestion, apply the Nano Liquid to all contacts of your new AC outlet (and AC conductors during installation) “before” installation. I understand you do not know me, but trust me this makes a difference.

Jul 16, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #41 of 64

The nano liquid is a lubricant as well as an antioxidant, it will prevent the metal contacts from getting scratched up.

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #42 of 64
Suggestion, apply the Nano Liquid to all contacts of your new AC outlet (and AC conductors during installation) “before” installation. I understand you do not know me, but trust me this makes a difference.
Too late. If I make two changes at the same time I won't know the relative importance of each change.
I've temporarily added the QSA wall socket without any cleaning. Then after a few days, I will take it out again, clean all contacts, add the Nano and then permanently fix the wall socket.

For maximum de-oxidizing of the the copper mains wires, is it worth doing this first before applying IPA then Nano?
I.e. First apply Deoxit Gold (I have a free sample), then IPA, then Nano.
Or is the de-oxidizing component within the Nano sufficient to take care of this part?

BTW, on the first day of the QSA Red Wall Socket (without any cleaning) the results are... interesting....

Jul 17, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #43 of 64
Too late. If I make two changes at the same time I won't know the relative importance of each change.
I've temporarily added the QSA wall socket without any cleaning. Then after a few days, I will take it out again, clean all contacts, add the Nano and then permanently fix the wall socket.

For maximum de-oxidizing of the the copper mains wires, is it worth doing this first before applying IPA then Nano?
I.e. First apply Deoxit Gold (I have a free sample), then IPA, then Nano.
Or is the de-oxidizing component within the Nano sufficient to take care of this part?

BTW, on the first day of the QSA Red Wall Socket (without any cleaning) the results are... interesting....
When installing a new AC outlet this is what I learned works best:

1) shut off power to that circuit at the circuit breaker!
2) Prep the outlet by cleaning all contacts inside the outlet and all contacts that are accepting the three conductors coming from the wall. This includes ground contact. I use 91% isopropyl alcohol.
3) Apply a very thin layer of Furutech Nano Liquid to "all" contacts. Meaning contacts where wires will be installed and contacts inside the outlet the AC plugs will be inserted into. To achieve a "thin layer" of Nano Liquid: shake Nano Liquid bottle well to mix and then use the inside of the bottle to squeeze almost all of the fluid off the brush and back into the bottle. This will ensure excess fluid will go back into bottle and very little will be on brush.
4) Clean and polish the conductors: I use Caig Pro Gold, I suppose you can use the Deoxit for lubrication. Apply lubricant onto conductors and using fine 0000 steel wool to lightly clean and polish the conductors. After polishing, fully clean the conductors with isopropyl alcohol.
5) Apply thin layer of Nano Liquid to conductors and then install/wire up outlet.
6) Turn on power to circuit. Note, Nano Liquid takes a minimum of 72 hours to burn-in. Your outlet will take hundreds, most around 400 hours or so. Obviously your outlet will function immediately but optimum sonic performance will require the burn-in time.

Aug 30, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #44 of 64
Hi guys this is a bit off topic, but I thought maybe someone on here can recommend something.

What value and brand of resistors may be able to limit the volume into a headphone without sacrificing sound quality? I have a certain expensive tube amp (which will remain anonymous) which is emitting a constant low pitch hum sound which I was not able to fix (I tried changing 15 things in my environment and some inside the amp, everything you know and haven't heard of, please believe me on this). The idea is to reduce the volume with resistors that I would install at the beginning of the headphone cable itself, and if I get the resistance correct it should let only the music pass through, with a louder volume or gain setting on the amp.

It's a 4-pin Neutrik connection and I'm not sure if 2 or 4 resistors would be needed and which pins they should be on, and which resistance value. Ideally I would have a premium quality 'audiophile' brand as for no loss in purity of sound. I'm looking for an approx. 10-20% volume reduction and would like to try a few to see which works best, and I think this would be a more pure path than adding a potentiometer. Thanks!

I would probably also need hi-fi solder for the best sound too?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #45 of 64
Has anyone here tried (or know someone who has) tried one of the Aliexpress knockoff inline power filters, like this one?
flux-50.jpg

I'm interested to see if it makes a difference for the hum from my tube amp, or how it may change the sound by adding multi-stage power filtering for each component after my central power conditioner.

And has anyone found any practical usage of any sort for copper foil tape?
07e0e647-9588-446d-94fa-239f0bb43780.a8c8f5dec4a5b22e7a0934e605656744.jpeg

I'm still trying to reduce the hum from my (anonymous) tube amp and I've been told from the designer it is in fact being generated from within the output transformer, so I'm having to get creative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back