Which to upgrade first: Headphone cable or Interconnect
Feb 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ds-

Head-Fier
Would you upgrade the Senns HD600 cables first or the RCA Interconnects between the Fubar II DAC and the Cute Beyond Amp?

Currently using the RCA interconnects that came with the Fubar II DAC, not sure if those are good or if upgrading those will make much of a difference.

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ds- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you upgrade the Senns HD600 cables first or the RCA Interconnects between the Fubar II DAC and the Cute Beyond Amp?

Currently using the RCA interconnects that came with the Fubar II DAC, not sure if those are good or if upgrading those will make much of a difference.

Since most here mod their Senns, seems the best to start. Then listen to your setup. You can decide copper or silver IC by ordering both with the 30 day option of sending the other back.

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #3 of 8
I'd upgrade to the HD650 first
tongue.gif

Failing that, I've noticed much bigger differences between headphone cables than interconnects.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 8
Upgrade to the HD-650 cable, if you absolutely have to upgrade. You can get them here for $11.62:

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=092885

If you want to drop three figures on something, I'd recommend another pair of headphones or another amp. Either will give you a different sound signature.

Not to ignite the cable holy war again, but I strongly suggest you read Edwood's cable test thread here before spending a lot of money on cables.

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 8
That's what I was thinking of doing.

The difference I see though between the 600 and 650 cable is the plug. 650 is 1/8inch plug and 600 is the 3.5mm plug with a 1/8 attachment.

My amp uses a 3.5mm plug, does the 650's plug come apart to expose a 3.5mm plug or would I need a converter?

Thanks.

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #6 of 8
As long as both cables work OK I'd agree with the above. You'll get more bang for the buck spending your money elsewhere. Maybe try a different headphone, or a different amp, or just buy more music. My experience is that cables make only a very small difference in what gets to my ears. Others do not agree, so I guess this is a lesson worth learning for yourself.

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Upgrade to the HD-650 cable, if you absolutely have to upgrade. You can get them here for $11.62:

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail...ct_prod=092885

If you want to drop three figures on something, I'd recommend another pair of headphones or another amp. Either will give you a different sound signature.

Not to ignite the cable holy war again, but I strongly suggest you read Edwood's cable test thread here before spending a lot of money on cables.

x2

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #8 of 8
The most efficient and productive upgrade is to get more and better music to play on your system.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back