Which sounds closer to esw9? W3000 anv, W5000 or W1000X?
Apr 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 7
Judging by people's impressions on these, I would be surprised if any of them came close to ESW9's seemingly unique character.  I would recommend trying these out anyway, especially W1000X because what others told me about the sound, but hold on to your ESW9 if you love it.

Consider AD2000 and A2000X, too, while you're at it. 
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 7
None of the W-Series headphones you mentioned sound like an ESW9. The W10VTG or W100 would get you closest to the sound you are looking for but they are both somewhat rare. For a full-size headphone that's easier to find but less colored than the ATs (albeit with a similarly enjoyable midrange), consider a pair of K240 Sextetts.

Apr 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 7
Definitely holding on to my esw9.  I bought them immediately after listening for just a minute.

I have the HD800, which will remain my main HP.  However, it can get tiring at times.

esw9 is very pleasing, was just wondering if there's a full size equivalent in AT's current line up.

May 11, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Agreed. None of the W series ATs are similar to the ESW9. The ESW9 is just a mellower presentation. The W's have a more upfront and alive sounding midrange that is part of the AT house sound. They also have a livelier, faster PRAT factor while the ESW9s are slower and very relaxed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back