Which side do you PRAT with?
Sep 18, 2007 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Schalldampfer

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm curious... since right brain, and therefore left side, controls creative functions, would there be more left-sided PRATers, or will that not matter?

Let's find out.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 23
Do you mean which foot you tap and which hand you click?

Well, I tap/click with left foot/hand so right brain for me. I'm right-handed though, so my right hand is usually busy (...
redface.gif
) and my right foot is usually resting on something so I don't have a choice.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean which foot you tap and which hand you click?

Well, I tap/click with left foot/hand so right brain for me. I'm right-handed though, so my right hand is usually busy (...
redface.gif
) and my right foot is usually resting on something so I don't have a choice.

i tap with my left foot, am amphidextrous when it comes to tapping/clicking, i seem to use an equal balance of left and right hand.

but arm usage - i am very right handed, and have very little coordination with my left arm, which troubles me since i like to try and play the drums.

Sep 18, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #5 of 23
O.K., I Googled Prat. I Wikipediad PRAT. I have no blessed idea of what you are talking about. After trying to figure this out, I voted in the poll and was comforted to find out that 50% of voters at that moment shared my cluelessness. This is gonna bother me all freaking day.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 23
PRAT = Pace, Rhythm, and Timing. Usually used to describe a component's ability to communicate the rhythmic aspects of a live performance. In this context, the OP seems to mean the translation of these rhythmic aspects of the music into physical movement on the part of the listener.

Sep 18, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 23
When I PRaT out to music its a whole body experience. I'm the mad air drumming guy with the daft looking headphones.

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 23
What is this "PRAT"? I really have no idea what you ask for...
tongue.gif

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #11 of 23
I'm a bit of a Punk Rocker, which leads me to do a sort of sitting Pogo that consists of repeatedly lunging forward in the shoulders while bobbing my head in time. Done without a proper headrest, this can make one's neck very sore very quickly. Both?

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremynwolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PRAT = Pace, Rhythm, and Timing. Usually used to describe a component's ability to communicate the rhythmic aspects of a live performance. In this context, the OP seems to mean the translation of these rhythmic aspects of the music into physical movement on the part of the listener.

Oh. Well...I do a kick and snare thing when I'm listening while sitting down. Left heel does the kick, right heel does the snare. And bob my head. Could this have something to do with the fact that I write with my left hand and throw a ball with my right?

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could this have something to do with the fact that I write with my left hand and throw a ball with my right?

I write right and throw left.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back