Which should i get?
Oct 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #4 of 13
I was sorta leaning toward either sennheisers or audio technica's, but I'm not really sure which one is the best value, and will suit my needs. I am also open to other brands that you guys think will be better than these. 

Oct 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #6 of 13
Oh, if by under $50 you actually meant "close to $100", then you'd have some more options. :p

Being that you listen to rap/hip-hop mostly, I would probably stay away from both of those headphones. One's open so there's generally little bass (though it's a great headphone for avant garde and the like), and the other doesn't have as much bass as some of its competition at that price range. If you're willing to spend just a tad bit more, I'd spring for the M50 or A700. Though that's just me.

You can find the A700s for around $110 and the M50s for $95 if you buy a new pair on eBay.

Oct 17, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
Oh, if by under $50 you actually meant "close to $100", then you'd have some more options. :p

Being that you listen to rap/hip-hop mostly, I would probably stay away from both of those headphones. One's open so there's generally little bass (though it's a great headphone for avant garde and the like), and the other doesn't have as much bass as some of its competition at that price range. If you're willing to spend just a tad bit more, I'd spring for the M50 or A700. Though that's just me.

You can find the A700s for around $110 and the M50s for $95 if you buy a new pair on eBay.

I don't mind getting used ones, and i might be able to get these for under $50 used, so yeah. Are open headphones bad for hip-hop music?

Oct 18, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #9 of 13
i got my ath-m50's the other day and they sound amazing.  they have some bass, but it wont be mind shattering like some sony xb-700's.  But the bass on the m-50's is very clear and not muddy at all

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #11 of 13
Ad700's can be bought for 85$ + shipping off of buydig.com, I got mine from there.
I personally thought they sucked without an amp.  I was about to return them in favor of the hd555's but then I got a total bithead which makes the ad700 10x better in my opinion.  Without an amp I felt like a huge portion of the sound was really really faint and just floating around, like you could make out the sound but not really hear it.  I don't think they'd be great for hip hop either way though, the bass is pretty lacking and isn't going to give you that punch.

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 13
does it have to be headphones?

The sennheiser CX300 II is good for rap and hip hop AKA lots of deep bass (LOTS) and they are generally under a 100$ but very durable.

50$ is very low IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back