Which ripper for Mac user?
Nov 25, 2008 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ahhian

New Head-Fier
I use the Mac and would like to know the best ripper to rip CDs into FLAC format.

Don't seem to have much choices out there.

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #2 of 10
I don't know why you'd want to rip them to flac, but I find it incredibly simple to rip using itunes to apple lossless, then convert to whatever using Max. It's quite fast. I tried out converting to AIFF to see if I could hear much of a difference between that and lossless, but I couldn't.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why you'd want to rip them to flac, but I find it incredibly simple to rip using itunes to apple lossless, then convert to whatever using Max. It's quite fast. I tried out converting to AIFF to see if I could hear much of a difference between that and lossless, but I couldn't.

You wont hear a difference as they output exactly the same thing.

My suggestion: iTunes with error correction switched on in the preferences to ALAC. If you want to go direct to FLAC, then MAX. If your CDs are scratched, XLD using CD Paranoia (set in the preferences).

Nov 25, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #8 of 10
I have used EAC in Windows, but am now Mac. I also find myself using iTunes to rip to ALAC to be the every day solution. If there is a problem for some reason, I pull out MAX. I also use Max to rip to MP3 for my portable use.

Nov 26, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #10 of 10
x5 or something on Max.
Really great open-source audio CD ripper and converter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back