Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album?
Dec 8, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #33 of 44
Ok, well now I need to make the choice.... I'll let you know what I went for :wink:

Dec 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #35 of 44
I didn't see Stupid Dream in the poll... for shame.
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't know it well enough to put it on the list

Dec 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #37 of 44
Bummer dude, it's really good.

I'll add it to my list to get to know better next year. The problem is PT\SW have done so many albums and there are only so many hours in the day to listen to them a d all the other bands I keep discovering lol

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #38 of 44
out of the given, id go with "in absentia". but truth be told, i think "lightbulb sun" and "stupid dream" are better. i think lightbulb sun is pretty user friendly...

Dec 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #39 of 44
The only thing about In Absentia is that some of the themes are pretty morbid (serial murderer stuff). My wife liked it until she understood what it's about.

I got wiring loose inside my head
I got books that I never ever read
I got secrets in my garden shed
I got a scar where all my urges bled
I got people underneath my bed
I got a place where all my dreams are dead
Swim with me into your blackest eyes

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #40 of 44
I'm not sure what I was thinking when I created this thread - Deadwing is much heavier than Fear of ... and so I think it would be less newbie friendly than Fear of...

I've been through them all again back to back and In Absentia it is.....and if I am feeling extra Xmassy, I may buy them Deadwing\Fear of directly from the Kscope site at only £6 for the uncompressed download 
wink_face.gif

It always makes me laugh to see people's faces when I explain those lyrics lol

SW seems to have got in the mind of a serial killer nicely in that album. Considering the themes\feel of his other albums....I wonder if music is his outlet 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #41 of 44
  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I created this thread - Deadwing is much heavier than Fear of ... and so I think it would be less newbie friendly than Fear of...

I've been through them all again back to back and In Absentia it is.....and if I am feeling extra Xmassy, I may buy them Deadwing\Fear of directly from the Kscope site at only £6 for the uncompressed download 
wink_face.gif

It always makes me laugh to see people's faces when I explain those lyrics lol

SW seems to have got in the mind of a serial killer nicely in that album. Considering the themes\feel of his other albums....I wonder if music is his outlet 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

He does deal with some seriously dark subject matter in his recent work.  

Dec 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #43 of 44

Users who are viewing this thread

Back