Which one would you buy : The Shure 215?
Jul 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM Post #2 of 13
I was thinking of getting the SE215 but the Hifiman RE400 seems better in reviews. I was considering getting the RE400 but decided to upscale a bit to the Vsonic GR07BE which are supposed to be excellent in reviews

Jul 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 13
Try reading the Vsonic GR07 BE thread. They sleep with those on. They are supposed to be that comfortable. Same goes for the RE400

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 13
Thanks but the Vsonic GR07 BE is way too expensive for my budget but it does look really nice and will be what I need. The other is ok but does not isolate accustly talking as much as I need. Do you think that the Aurvana In-Ear3 is flat enough to allow me to sleep without too much discomfort?  I like them because they seems easy to use ( as opposed to th Shure 215) and they provide like 30 db protection which is about what I am looking for, and the price is decent as my budget is around $100/$120. I will use a soft pillow if in order make my ear more comfortable with these pair on.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 13
I'm sorry but I have not tried either the SE215 or the Aurvana. I was considering SE215 before I came across the RE400 and before I came across the GR07 but I have read a lot about the Aurvana in this forum. Frankly speaking I haven't even considered the Aurvana before this. Hope someone will help you out.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 13
I appreciate your contribution! I sure hope the other members of this forum would be as helpful as you have been . So far you are the only 1 who helped me out in that matter.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:41 AM Post #8 of 13
I have a Shure Se215Ltd but I've never seen or heard the Creative iem although I live in Creative Lab's home country, i.e. Singapore :p
As far as the Shure's goes, I find it quite comfortable and isolates very well, especially if you use the olives tips.
You can also use Complys tips if you don't like the feel of olive tips. For me, I'm using Westone star tips as I found that foam tips makes the treble sounds roll-off

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #10 of 13
I have 2 threads and no one has answered yet.
blink.gif

btw I just came across this: http://www.head-fi.org/t/571696/creative-labs-aurvana-3-dual-driver-iem-giveaways-discounts-a-new-favorite-of-ours

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #12 of 13
I like my 215's and have slept in them, but will admit that they are a little too big to be ideal for sleeping. They're very comfortable and isolate well, but lay on your side and you'll notice it. Sounds like it'd be a good solution, but not great. I haven't had the opportunity to sleep or try the others for any extended time. Good luck!

Jul 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
Thanks! Went to the entire thread without any references if these could be ok to sleep with. But the overall sentiment about this brand is quite positive.

I have the 535 Ltd Ed (essentially same housing) - and I guess it will depend on your ear size,  I'm a reasonably tall bloke (6ft) with an 'average' size head and ears - and I have no issues at all sleeping with them.  They fit flush with my ear - and for me are quire comfortable.  I don't actually intentionally use them for sleeping - but I do a lot of long haul with my job (10-12 hour flights) - and have slept with them on the aircraft many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back