which one will you prefer?
Jul 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #31 of 50

Quote:
 I hope you can control our X3 without get it out from your pocket.  

I miss doing this after I switched to iMod.

Anyhow, I voted for B but C is pretty much cool as well. And I hope we get other colors besides the one in the choices? An alternate color or something..

Jul 11, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #32 of 50
Ah, what is this, artistic midlife crisis in need of reassurance? 
biggrin.gif

I'll throw in another vote for C without white border. I would have said D but that "x3" is really out of place, not to mention the wave thing at the recharge LED is a little odd.

Jul 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #33 of 50
Voted for A, C is also fine with or without white frame.

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #38 of 50
Again C without the border.

Jul 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #40 of 50

Something like this would be fine. :)

And please add an cover like the one for E7.

A little less noise than E7 will be also very nice.

That's enough.

I'm very curious!

Jens

Jul 13, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #41 of 50
Just my 2 cent's worth. All of them look great, just consider removing the 2 slanted grooves around the + and -, forward and back buttons. Leave the 6 round buttons clean and simple

Less is more when it comes to design.. imho.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #42 of 50

Quote:
Just my 2 cent's worth. All of them look great, just consider removing the 2 slanted grooves around the + and -, forward and back buttons. Leave the 6 round buttons clean and simple

Less is more when it comes to design.. imho.

I think FiiO wanted those grooves there so that users can feel the buttons without taking it out of the pocket. The grooves lets you know whether you are touching the skip buttons or the volume buttons.

Maybe a thinner groove machined between the buttons? Would be harder to feel than the current design though.

Jack

Jul 15, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #44 of 50
So what is the color on 'B'?  Is it a grey plastic or a brushed black finish like the E7/E9?  I can't tell.  If people are that against the border around the screen of 'C' balancing out the player I would certainly prefer 'B' if that color difference were brushed black aluminum rather than plastic.  I should have asked before voting.  'A' and 'D' have the screen floating out there like a small island in the ocean.

Jul 16, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #45 of 50
"A" is the "cleanest design" with the least lines.

This is appealing from a design standpoint and will give off the impression of being "higher-end".

I think it is better if someone asks me, "hey, who made that"?

That's more likely going to lead to a conversation (fun to let someone know about our stuff) and someone actually remembering the brand.

Otherwise, someone might try to read and remember the brand but not ask...and not remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back