Which one is better Grado Sr80i or Denon AH-D1001 ?
Aug 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #16 of 27
LOL isn't the grado sr80i's design very open? I hope your nephew doesn't get too many stares :)

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

V-moda M80 or Phiaton MS400 are the two that come to mind. Senn HD25s if you don't mind spartan design.

Quote:

If you're set on the Grado sound, the Alessandro MS1 (a re-tuned Grado) is available for $100 with worldwide shipping. Personally, I've owned both the D1001 and the SR225s and I thought that the Denons were much better -- a much fuller sound (albeit with slightly recessed mids, which was the only downside) and build quality that was much, much better than the Grados.

Thanks, i'll consider those

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #20 of 27
LOL isn't the grado sr80i's design very open? I hope your nephew doesn't get too many stares :)

Ya he doesn't mind at all. This is cheap headphone so if he loses it or breaks it I don't want him to feel bad about it. :)

And he doesn't listen too loud so I don't think it's an issue, maybe the isolation issue but he is fine with that.

Aug 7, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #21 of 27
How about the comfort issues on grado headphones? how do I manage that?

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #22 of 27
Some people find them uncomfortable others like myself dont have a problem with them at all. 

You can always wash the pads a time or two and that will soften them up though. 

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:
Some people find them uncomfortable others like myself dont have a problem with them at all. 

You can always wash the pads a time or two and that will soften them up though. 

Thanks, do I have to shampoo them?

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #24 of 27
Some people throw them in with there laundry and then let air dry. Some people wash them with a mild soap like baby shampoo. I personally never done it as I have never found them uncomfortable.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #25 of 27
OH, and one last question what cushion does the SR80i comes with?

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #26 of 27
Some people buy decent headphones to begin with. Sorry for the Grado-hate, but I can't see anything but the design as a point for almost any Grado.
-ringing, resonance 
-uncomfortable
-bass light and even worse treble-heavy
-overpriced outside of the US

save some bucks and look into the [size=medium]Creative Aurvana  Live![/size] , which is basically a Denon 1001 OEM.
Or just get a Porta Pro, a Koss Pro DJ 100, or a Sony V6 (V7506) Sennheiser HD518 or even the ATH-M50
all of these phones cost less (depends on your country) and have less flaws than the sr80 and even most higher end Grados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back