Which one do you guys think is better? GR07 mkII or the DBA-02 mkII?
Sep 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

FightBrothers

Head-Fier
if anybody has both of these headphones, i would appreciated if they could post the comparisons between the both. and is there a significant difference between the mkI versions of these headphones?

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 32
That's a tough one. I've had a dozen high end phones and I still have the GR07. Technically, the dab-02 was excellent but I felt lacked decent bass. The GR07 is a little thin sounding compared to a good BA but is transparent, neutral and great to listen with. I certainly don't notice sibilance with them but I know it is a problem for some.

Either is excellent, but my bet is fir the GR07.

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 32
I have the DBA-02 MKII and I think they got rid of the harshness of the MKI and the bass is great, perfect quantity IMO and not lacking body, being balanced and very detailed, they sound good with all genres of music.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #5 of 32
With the dba02 mkii I ultimately still think it still tilted toward the treble (though not as much as the mk1), and you will notice it immediately when listening to this IEM. They are still the opposite of lush sounding (in the mids), and are more toward cool, crisp, clear and airy.
The GR07 is fuller and weightier sounding and offers a more relaxed sound, it is very noticeable that the mids is fuller than dba02mkii. I can go on and on, but they are very different sounding, and good in their own ways.

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 32
How about the GR01 or the Rockit Sounds R-50? These should both fall right in the middle. They will be a bit less bright, and have a bit more warmth. I find absolutely zero fault with the sound of my GR01. The only thing I wish it had was removable/replaceable cables, this is just something I feel a $200 IEM should have.  

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #7 of 32
Which would perform the best with the type of music I listen to?(female vocals(sara bareilles), instrumentals, jazz(herbie hancock), also a little bit of triphop like nujabes and re:plus) also how would the r50 and the gr01 perform with my music taste?

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 32
I dont listen to any of the stuff you listed. I listen to mostly progressive rock and progressive metal with mine. Sometimes i use them for some electronic like Massive Attack or Purity Ring and well though. The GR01 should do well with any genre, same with the GR07. Its all just a matter of what type of sound you prefer. The GR01 will have less bass and slightly more detail. The GR07 will have more bass and slightly less detail. The mids and highs on the GR01 in my opinion are very accurate and smooth, the only question may be the bass quantity. Its the perfect amount for my tastes, but it wont be enough to satisfy everybody.

Quote:
Which would perform the best with the type of music I listen to?(female vocals(sara bareilles), instrumentals, jazz(herbie hancock), also a little bit of triphop like nujabes and re:plus) also how would the r50 and the gr01 perform with my music taste?

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:
I have the DBA-02 MKII and I think they got rid of the harshness of the MKI and the bass is great, perfect quantity IMO and not lacking body, being balanced and very detailed, they sound good with all genres of music.

I was looking into these mkII version of the DBA-02. Is the housing different from the old DBA??

How large is the soundstage?

Oct 1, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #10 of 32
The MK II has a different housing than the old MK I. Never heard either so i cant comment on sound stage. The GR01 soundstage is average so id say the DBA02's would be about the same. It shouldnt be small like the ety hf3 or hf5. GR01 definitely has a bigger stage than the ety's.
Quote:

I was looking into these mkII version of the DBA-02. Is the housing different from the old DBA??

How large is the soundstage?

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #11 of 32
The soundstage is pretty good, much better than Etymotic.

Also the R50 is not warmer than DBA-02 MKII, they lack body in comparison.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #12 of 32
Ety stage isn't that much smaller than the B2s, both aren't small but average in soundstage size. Shorter tips help the Etys a lot in soundstage. 

GR07s sound bigger than both, but are a bit too conservative in the treble at times compared to these but they do have better bass depth/rumble. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #13 of 32
That isnt what everybody else seems to say.
Quote:
The soundstage is pretty good, much better than Etymotic.
Also the R50 is not warmer than DBA-02 MKII, they lack body in comparison.

Oct 3, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #14 of 32
2-3 users isn't everybody and as I mention, tips matter a lot for them since the stock ones are limiting. Stage width is usually correlated with insertion depth, these are all in the same field ground. B2 and R50s do sound more airy though because of the extension past 10k. Not a big difference though IME. I'll take the Ety's superior treble finesse over the B2's slight better stage due to extension. Soundstage width perception is also very subjective, something highly to consider. 

DBA02MKIIs are pretty much the same sound wise to the B2s for the most part. I'll take the B2 over them though because of the better cable and possibility of getting it modded to have replaceable cable pins. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back