Which of these is the best to buy?
Jul 15, 2012 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ilzmastr

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm stuck between the Grado 325is, AKG K702, and Hifiman HE-300.

I'm also open to new suggestions for around $300.

I plan to primarily use them to monitor guitar and electronic home-studio recordings. I will also listen to electronic, folk, and rock music on them. Bass is not a huge priority, I'd prefer something with a flat frequency response. I will plug them into my macbook most of the time, and sometimes an iphone. I do want headphones that go around the ear, instead of sit on top of them, though, and I'm not sure how big the 325is are, do they go around the ear? The ones I've listed are open backs, but if there are some great closed backs out there that suit my needs, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for the help!

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hello, I'm stuck between the Grado 325is, AKG K702, and Hifiman HE-300.

I'm also open to new suggestions for around $300.

I plan to primarily use them to monitor guitar and electronic home-studio recordings. I will also listen to electronic, folk, and rock music on them. Bass is not a huge priority, I'd prefer something with a flat frequency response. I will plug them into my macbook most of the time, and sometimes an iphone. I do want headphones that go around the ear, instead of sit on top of them, though, and I'm not sure how big the 325is are, do they go around the ear? The ones I've listed are open backs, but if there are some great closed backs out there that suit my needs, I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks for the help!

The 325i is on the ear, not over the ear.  I bought G-Cush that puts them over the ear.  They are by no means "flat frequency response" but I prefered them to Q701 and HD-300.  325i seemed more "alive".  I don't know of any can that has "flat frequency response", you know, really, and sometimes that quality can prove boring.  2 sense.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back