Which Music Genre do you NOT believe in?
Apr 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #77 of 99
country=
frown.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:08 PM Post #78 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As in any other genre there is good stuff and bad stuff. Its just everyone hates on rap because of their inner racist, you can try to deny it but its the truth. And your just jelous that these black gangsters (in your eyes) are making millions and gettin out of the ghetto. So leave these guys alone, if there gettin record deals someone must like em.

Disagree completely. I like a lot of hip hop, but I HATE gangster rap. I demoralizes women, and teaches children to treat them like crap. It glamourizes violence and the ghetto culture, selling drugs, being a gangster, and it devalues education and a work ethic.

To me, gangster rap is as popular as it is not because people really like it, but because rich, crusty old white men in charge of the media push it on to the public, in an attempt to keep low income black people where they are, and to help prevent them from making it into a solid middle class.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #79 of 99
Quote:

As in any other genre there is good stuff and bad stuff. Its just everyone hates on rap because of their inner racist, you can try to deny it but its the truth. And your just jelous that these black gangsters (in your eyes) are making millions and gettin out of the ghetto. So leave these guys alone, if there gettin record deals someone must like em.

I actually have to agree with cash (I know, it's freaky). My old classmates listened to gangster rap, and it's often violent and hateful. I live in the ghetto, I have family and (former) friends that are gangsters, and it's not a glamorous life. Many of them don't live past 21, and the ones that do are usually either very lucky or deserters.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #80 of 99
Quote:

...Its just everyone hates on rap because of their inner racist, you can try to deny it but its the truth. And your just jelous that these black gangsters (in your eyes) are making millions and gettin out of the ghetto. So leave these guys alone, if there gettin record deals someone must like em.

By your reasoning, anyone who hates rap should also hate every other back music, as well. Right?

Heck, rock is/was black music, same with jazz. And genres like African pop or world music? Those are entirely black.

Funny thing is, I listen to and love all of those genres. But I can't stomach rap and hip hop. I don't think it's racism, or else I wouldn't listen to any other black music.

And, having lived in south central LA for a few years, I didn't see all that many people rapping their way out of the hood. Maybe one or two did. But there are a couple million in the area. And that's just LA, not the rest of the country. So it probably isn't that, either.

Too bad rap is such a repetitive bore. It had promise at one time but hasn't done anything new in close to 15 years. It's just like the passing of heavy metal. That was new at one time, as well. But it stagnated, turned into self-parody and became a punchline. If you look at the tweens, they won't have anything to do with rap. It's totally passe to them.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #81 of 99
Uncle Erik, please take one minute of your time to listen to this:

YouTube - Deltron 3030 - 3030

It's a sci-fi hip hop fantasy in the future, about becoming the MC in the future. It's amazing. Please take just a minute to check it out.

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #82 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uncle Erik, please take one minute of your time to listen to this:

YouTube - Deltron 3030 - 3030

It's a sci-fi hip hop fantasy in the future, about becoming the MC in the future. It's amazing. Please take just a minute to check it out.

i swear... massive trolling. its like cash's 10th time in trying to convert people.

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #83 of 99
I'm just doing what I would want others to do to me. I used to despise all rap/hip hop because the only stuff I was ever exposed to was top40 crap and ganster garbage. I feel amazed that there's this whole new genre that I'm discovering, and it's a great trip! Intelligent hip hop is fantastic music.

Apr 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #84 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just doing what I would want others to do to me. I used to despise all rap/hip hop because the only stuff I was ever exposed to was top40 crap and ganster garbage. I feel amazed that there's this whole new genre that I'm discovering, and it's a great trip! Intelligent hip hop is fantastic music.

lol, if we were going to try it... chances are, we wouldve checked out the link that you posted... 10 times ago.

btw, i personally have checked it out... not my taste... its flat, monotone (imo) i would not ever recommend it to any of my friends.

Apr 20, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #85 of 99
the only "rappers/hip-hoppers" who still have real talent are kanye and lupe. People hate them, but people hate them b/c they're cocky. But as they say, if you have the reason to be cocky, be that way.

Apr 20, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #87 of 99
Kanye's got some nice beats, but the lyrics...

Quote:

Kanye and Lupe? ehhh wouldn't they be considered as pop? along with will simth?

Next you'll be saying Vanilla Ice wasn't straight gangsta.

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #89 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Next you'll be saying Vanilla Ice wasn't straight gangsta.

He ain't got nothing on Sir-Mix-A-Lot. That man kept it real.

Apr 20, 2008 at 11:04 PM Post #90 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He ain't got nothing on Sir-Mix-A-Lot. That man kept it real.

Everyone from the hood loves big butts. It's like fat kids and cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back