Which Music Genre do you NOT believe in?
Apr 18, 2008 at 12:36 AM Post #46 of 99
Gangsta Rap ---- ewww...

I am no one's chicken head!

I will give credit to good rap... rap that tells a story and is carefully put together.
You just cannot defend some of this stuff...

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #47 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, rap is part of hip-hop and that's where it came from so I think it's totally legit to call it hip-hop.

I was just talking about the whole culture in general whether it's hip-hop/rap or hip-hop/rnb. There are just too many bling-blingers and they're screwing the whole industry. I do enjoy some artists such as Mos def, good old Dre, Nas, Kanye West, etc..

Sure, but that's similar to not liking the 3 series, but hating ALL of bmw. I hate rap. It sucks, and I can't stand listening to it. All rap is hip hop, but not all hip hop is rap.

Check out Deltron3030. I posted links earlier.

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #48 of 99
I get your point but you're missing my point. How many times do I have to mention bling-bling?
confused.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 1:45 AM Post #49 of 99
country ummmm if we were hicks we would be using the ibuds ummm ewww

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #50 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by XaNE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
country ummmm if we were hicks we would be using the ibuds ummm ewww

Actually, we'd probably be spending more time in local dives, supporting the talent and listening to live music. Y'know, the thing that transcends hi-fi?
wink.gif

Apr 18, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #51 of 99
Quote:

I get your point but you're missing my point. How many times do I have to mention bling-bling?
confused.gif

No, I'm not. I hate bling bling nigga nigga **** also. But the artists I've listed are definitely hip hop, and definitely NOT what you are complaining about.

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:35 AM Post #54 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I'm not. I hate bling bling nigga nigga **** also. But the artists I've listed are definitely hip hop, and definitely NOT what you are complaining about.

WTH are you talking about??? Who said anything about your bands??? I was just talking about some hip-hop music that I can't agree to and apparently it clearly show on the poll. This is a thread where people discuss about music, not nit picking at each other's opinion. You should understand that.

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #55 of 99
Quote:

WTH are you talking about??? Who said anything about your bands??? I was just talking about some hip-hop music that I can't agree to and apparently it clearly show on the poll. This is a thread where people discuss about music, not nit picking at each other's opinion. You should understand that.

+1

this is why i dont even bother replying to some people sometimes. If some people dont like a certain genre... (COUGH HIPHOP COUGH COUGH), why bother trying to force them to like it.

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #56 of 99
Quote:

Some people said they hate rap because of the bling bling nigga nigga ganster aspect. I was pointing out I agree with their opinion, but there IS intelligent hip hop out there.

Apr 18, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #57 of 99
Quote:

Some people said they hate rap because of the bling bling nigga nigga ganster aspect. I was pointing out I agree with their opinion, but there IS intelligent hip hop out there.

Yes. I've already expressed my agreement on that before.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #58 of 99
You know, I'm sorry but I've never been crazy 'bout that twang and trains and hillbilly thing. Whatever made them want to sing stuff like that?

wink.gif

But seriously, I can listen to and appreciate nearly any genre of music, but most country music just rubs me the wrong say, especially the "AMERICA! ***** YEAH!" type of country music.

Apr 18, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #59 of 99
If Norah Jones sings country, I'm perfectly fine with it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #60 of 99
Quote:

Techno/electronic dance music is actually pretty similar to classical music in construction, it's use of a chorus, and it's incredible building and crescendo abilities.

Cash, would you care to show me what techno music has in common with a specific peice of classical repretoire, going measure by measure, in terms of harmonic structure, the periods and antecedents, the cadences, etc?

Maybe a Bach Fugue or a Beethoven Concerto? Surely, they are quite similar to techno, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back