which manufacturer would you say has the best reliability for mid-range IEMs?
Mar 25, 2011 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BrotherWayne

New Head-Fier
I had one of the ears on my [crappy brand here, don't laugh at me] IEMs go out this morning. I'm considering bumping up to a $50-90 set of IEMs. But these things seem like they just don't last very long or they're reliability is random. If I spend $90 on something I'd like to get a few years out of it at least. I guess I'm spoiled by spending $250 on a refurbed espresso machine 15 yrs ago that's still going strong. 

So, the question: which manufacturers of IEMs in the sub-$90 range have the best reliability in your opinion? To put it another way, which manf gives me the best odds of my ear buds not dying in 2 years? 

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2 of 4
When earphones die, in general, it would be a cable issue.

If you're willing to bump your budget up a little bit, give the Shure SE215's a consideration, since they do have replaceable cables =)

Mar 27, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 4
You're right it is most certainly a cable issue. I have a pair of Shures, don't recall the model. I don't use them often because they're kind of a hassle to take in and out, in comparison to more traditional IEMs. Seems like every use case that I have for IEMs involves taking them in and out 10 times a day at minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back