Jan 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

havishpatel

New Head-Fier
Hi, 

In short I am looking for some in ear headphones that:

1) Have amazing sound quality. 

2) Very deep "boomy" but defined bass. 

3) Look good but not flashy.

4) Have one of those flat cords that are really hard to tangle. 

5) Are robust and durable. 

The genres I listen to are: 

Main, most important genre: RnB and Pop (mainly- stuff from the charts, billboard top 100, big top 40 etc)
                                          Also Little rock (very little mainstream rock)
                                          Little Dubstep (recently tried this out- sounds like some good stuff to me :) )

Please don't comment on my music taste, just what headphones will do what I want!!!

Price limit: Please, please make it cheap- (£20). These are for portable use and I am also purchasing some over ears for home use so I don't want to spend much on these! 

Many Thanks 

:)

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 11
Well, dude, I guess people here can tell you what iems will suite your music taste but I can tell you from now that no way you can get anything matching all of your demands, especially for 20 quids. Also, there aren't that many iems with flat cords out there. For that money you could probably go for something by meelectronics which aren't that awful. I recently tried soundmagic pl30 and they were pretty good and also looked durable but I'm not sure if the bass will be enough for you. Of, course you can always get a Sennheiser if you want a lot of bass but it won't be defined. Overall, whatever you chose - don't expect amazing sound quality. 
edit: Actually my altec lansing  im716 was like 30 bucks and it sounds amazing, so maybe someone else knows of iems that sound really amazing and are that cheap.

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Well, dude, I guess people here can tell you what iems will suite your music taste but I can tell you from now that no way you can get anything matching all of your demands, especially for 20 quids. Also, there aren't that many iems with flat cords out there. For that money you could probably go for something by meelectronics which aren't that awful. I recently tried soundmagic pl30 and they were pretty good and also looked durable but I'm not sure if the bass will be enough for you. Of, course you can always get a Sennheiser if you want a lot of bass but it won't be defined. Overall, whatever you chose - don't expect amazing sound quality. 
edit: Actually my altec lansing  im716 was like 30 bucks and it sounds amazing, so maybe someone else knows of iems that sound really amazing and are that cheap.

Ok. 

I have heard these two:

Sony X-Bass MDR XB40EX (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB40EX-Vertical-Silicone-Headphones/dp/B001UE6P9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1295558164&sr=8-1

and

Sony X-Bass MDR XB20EX ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDRXB20EX-Angled-Silicone-Headphones/dp/B001UE6PAO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1295558164&sr=8-2.)

They both seem pretty good, and the 40EX cost £30 but I don't mind stretching that much. 

Does anybody have an opinion on these two?

On amazon, I can get the Sennhiser CX-400 II headphones for £14 ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=cx+400+II&x=0&y=0)

The CX 500's cost a mere £10 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX-500-Headphones--ear/dp/B000WOGAJO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1295558713&sr=1-2)

The CX 300 II cost £12 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Isolating-Ear-canal/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1295558752&sr=1-1)

For these prices, they all sound tempting. 

Advice anyone?? 

Thanks

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #6 of 11
Well, the a-jays that Marcus suggested have flat cables which you want but I don't know how they sound -maybe you should read the ClieOS' review on them. Also, haven't heard the sony one's. As far as Sennheiser goes - You get lots of bass but it's all over the place, so forget about any definition in the bass region, which also leads to muddy sound. I only suggested them if you really want lots of bass - maybe cx500 is a little bit better but still I think you'll be better off buying something from meelectronics.

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Monster Turbine:) But price is higher.

Try Meelectronics M6.
Also take a look on SoundMagic pl20 and Pl30. But use with them Sony Hybrid eartips. Only with them you can feel all things that they can produce:)

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 11
Yeah, M6! Alhough I really like the soundstage of pl30 - it's the only iem besides my she9800 that gives such an amazing soundstage for such a price. But I think that the M6 has better overall sq.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #11 of 11
Ok, but the a jays look so good! 

Anybody have a link to a comparison between the a jays two vs soundmagic pl30 vs meelectronics m6 ??????

Bass and sound quality are most important!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back