Which IEMs would you suggest?
Oct 6, 2010 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

McAlsop

New Head-Fier
I currently have Klipsch S4s and I like it with the cord wrapped over my ear. I am looking at getting a different pair that's better designed to wrap around the ear and not stick out far from the ear. The few I'm considering are the Etymotic ER6i, Ultimate Ears 700, Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5, and possibly the Klipsch custom 3.

I also saw Shure SE315, but they are lacking on reviews.

Thanks for your help.

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #3 of 6
I had read that the Custom 3 has a terrible cord.

I actually like the Klipsch S4s, but it feels like they weren't made for going over the ear. They are also a little big - that is, I often use them at night and it 's a little big to wear with my ear on the pillow. I used to have V-MODA Vibes that were fine for this.

Of the other 3 (ER6i, 700, and SuperFi 5) which would you suggest? Or is it worth extra for the SE315s?

Thanks again!

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 6
well not heard the er6 or the se315. howoever i dont believe the 315 are worth their high price, new = price premium.  plus assuming they are little changed form the predecessors id say the PL-50 are a far bettor deal.

the ue700 = ear stabby stabby.  im not a fan.

sf5 is not bad given its new low price litle treble happy but pretty well controled.

actually id take the PL-50 over them all bar the custom 3 which is great sounding.  maybe also look into the Q-Jays too, they equal the kc3 but offer a dryer presentation and have a decent cable.  depens on budget and price where you are really but the pl-50 gives huge bang for the money

Jan 1, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #5 of 6
To  my ear, the Shure SE315 sounds just fine.  They are definitely worth $200.  The sound is neutral and pleasant.  Now, I'm not saying it's the best out there, but for $200, they are just fine.  I own the Klipsch S4 and am happy with the bass that they produce, but everything else sounds just a bit muddy to my ears.  Not too fond of the treble it has, since it sounds a little muffed.  Good for Hip-Hop style of music, but not for classical or jazz.  This is my honest opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back