which headphones you use while exercising!
Oct 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
hi all!
My brother has recently started gym and he has been looking for  a set of headphones to use mainly while he is exercising.

He just need something that wont fall out when he exercise. 

His budget is also a bit low.. only around 50 $

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #2 of 8
In for an answer as well. I have some JVC in-ear monitors that also go around my ear. Best buy for $20. They are pretty good for working out, haven't had any problems yet. I am some what looking to upgrade to something better.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #3 of 8
I use the Koss PortaPro... Great sound is what I originally got it for, but now that I have better, I am not afraid to sweat in it. It is fairly durable, and has a lifetime warranty too. It is also the open style, so it lets in external noise if it's used for jogging ect. and you need to hear your surroundings. They don't ever really fall off, because they are over ear/head, instead of in ear.

[EDIT:spell check on Win7 IE8 seems to be dephective]

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 8
I really wanted to use the PortaPros for exercising, but I know I sweat a lot, especially when jogging. I just don't want them to get all gross or slippery and fall off my head. I think I might have to look for an IEM alternative.

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
I really wanted to use the PortaPros for exercising, but I know I sweat a lot, especially when jogging. I just don't want them to get all gross or slippery and fall off my head. I think I might have to look for an IEM alternative.

I've used both the sennheiser PX100's and the portapros, when properly adjusted to fit your cranium, no amount of sweat will cause them to simply slide off. also, they're actually quite water resistant, when I ride my bike through heavy rain while listening to music, my PX100's have never failed to deliver. though I would actually recommend the PX100's over the portapros because the portapros folding mechanism can get logged with sand/bits of particles thus making the folding and sliding adjustment really difficult (portapro=a big no no while on the beach) also, you might want to stick with semi open/open phones when jogging, IEMs tend to drown out a lot of external noise (example, approaching cars)

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 8
Yuin PK3. Sounds good, holds up to sweat and they stay seated in the ear. I use them about 3 times a week at the gym and always enjoy them. Best sound I've found at that price-point for IEM.

Oct 8, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

he also has this sweating problem and that is why i do not want him to use any expensive one while exercising. Thanks all for long list you have provided.
smily_headphones1.gif
i am really grateful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back