Which headphones started you off?
Feb 9, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #76 of 136
HD 595's for me. Would like to get a pair again. Theyre just so darn comfy and easy to listen to.

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #77 of 136
Ultasone HFI-650 then shure E3C with like no bass....got a hybrid amp and then relized the ultrasone didn't cut it and started the upgrade. I'm not thrilled with every headphone I got but each serves a specific purpose thus I can somewhat justify it, this may change next month though.

Feb 10, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #83 of 136
A friend of mine a few years back recommended that I buy a pair of HD580s and gave me the link to headfi. My wallet has hated me ever since, and the 580s are still one of my favorite cans.

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #84 of 136
mine was Super.fi5 Pro after using iPod ear bud for a long time
tongue.gif

It make my day !!

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #85 of 136
AKG K301...bought them off ebay for $8.00...still use them occassionally with my laptop. Shortly thereafter I also bought a set of SKULLCANDY with etymotic tips...was I impressed!

Feb 10, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #86 of 136
I started with the Sennheiser HD580 in late 2002. I didn't have amp nor source to do them justice - a nondescript Panasonic PCDP, a Turtle Beach soundcard, and a Total Airhead. Still, the HD580 right out of the PCDP was somewhat of a revelation (somehow the TA, even with line-out, sounded worse).

Gone through a ton of great gear, and still love the Senns. Sold the 580s, but now I own a 580 Jubilee (like an HD600 but slightly smoother) and an HD650.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #87 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What was different about AA and AAA? I'm not sure which version I had now. Mine were a khaki sort of green and not tan like in that photo. Same pair they always advertised as musicians using in studios.

The 4AAA had somewhat more squared-off cups, rather than the 4AA's ovals. It also had softer, deeper ear pads, and a different headband design; overall, the 4AAA was vastly more comfortable than the 4AA. By the color, it sounds like you had the 4AAA as well. Both models have a mounting point for a boom mic.

Unfortunately, the current 4AAAT model has picked up some bad reviews here on Head-Fi - and it's an open design, where the old-school 4AAA was closed.

The 4AA, as I recall, had more bass than the 4AAA as well.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #89 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 4AAA had somewhat more squared-off cups, rather than the 4AA's ovals. It also had softer, deeper ear pads, and a different headband design; overall, the 4AAA was vastly more comfortable than the 4AA. By the color, it sounds like you had the 4AAA as well. Both models have a mounting point for a boom mic.

Unfortunately, the current 4AAAT model has picked up some bad reviews here on Head-Fi - and it's an open design, where the old-school 4AAA was closed.

The 4AA, as I recall, had more bass than the 4AAA as well.

OK, thanks for jogging my memory. Mine were not all they uncomfortable and they were a more rounder cup than square, green not tan so pretty sure I had triple A. I paid $100.00 CAD and that was on sale too.

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #90 of 136
It was more head-fi than any particular headphones that started me off
wink.gif
MS-1 were my first ones though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back