Which headphones should I get for pc gaming?
Dec 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DashBerlin

New Head-Fier
I am looking to get new headphones for gaming on my pc as well as listening to music on the pc with it. I am trying to choose between the beyerdynamic dt700's pro(80 or 250's??) ultrasone pro 550's or hfi 580's, or the sennheiser pc 360's. I don't really have the extra money to buy an amp. What I'm wondering is which of these will be best without an amp and do I really need an amp for any of these? I also wouldn't mind knowing which of these would be best rather they need an amp or not?

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I am looking to get new headphones for gaming on my pc as well as listening to music on the pc with it. I am trying to choose between the beyerdynamic dt700's pro(80 or 250's??) ultrasone pro 550's or hfi 580's, or the sennheiser pc 360's. I don't really have the extra money to buy an amp. What I'm wondering is which of these will be best without an amp and do I really need an amp for any of these? I also wouldn't mind knowing which of these would be best rather they need an amp or not?

Asus Xonar DG ($26, PCI) or DGX ($40, PCI-E) sound card, with whatever headphones you pick.
The DG/DGX come with a half-way decent headphone amp, and Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound.

Good for the price headphones.
The Technical Pro HPT-990 (Takstar Hi2050), $70, semi-open.
Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80), $70, closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back