Which headphones need woodied ?
Feb 7, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by strangedaze39 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like the title says which headphones are cry woodie me the most ?

have you not heard of the evil DARTH BEYER?

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #3 of 10
An ebony woodied AKG k701 would look fantastic with its white/black contrast. Not sure about the aftermath with the sound though...

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #4 of 10
grey dragon thats def. a cool idea. I wonder how you would even go about that. You most likely would have to make them closed to look as awesome as possible. Like a zebra wood or texas ebony would be cool to use for the wood 2. Against ofcoarse I've heard of the Darth Beyer, very cool phones IMO some look great others look off.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 10
Bose!

Maybe wood will get people to start liking them.
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #6 of 10
Sony can use the warmth wood sometimes adds to the sound signature of a headphone. That gets my vote.

Idk about the K701... It'd take some time, thought and effort to get a woodied K701 to look and sound right, imo.

Feb 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 10
Please help with a couple of would be woodie ?s: Can you woodie an AKG k271s (already a closed can)? Besides the look how does it change the sound? Does anyone do good work besides Headphile? And finally, what are the ballparks costs and time lines? I've always found woodies a very "artful" look but this is the first time I had the urge to ask.

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 10
Wooden Stax would be nice.
Something based on the 4070, but with a wooden open-back construction. A real SR-404 killer...

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by barmar46 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please help with a couple of would be woodie ?s: Can you woodie an AKG k271s (already a closed can)? Besides the look how does it change the sound? Does anyone do good work besides Headphile? And finally, what are the ballparks costs and time lines? I've always found woodies a very "artful" look but this is the first time I had the urge to ask.

Yeah I actually do woodie work for Grado's that I'm really proud of. Right now I'm just doing it for friends,personal, and small amount of customers, but I was thinking about possibly trying it out on something new that has a fair amount of popularity. For price normally I charge 100usd for Mahogany woodies, but I know that other prices can get as high as 350usd. It's kinda like a material/headphone model thing for pricing.

I was thinking stax would work good because they dont really rely on air flow correct me if I'm wrong. I also it would be quite hard to woodie the AKG 701.

To eric, suuuuuuure they will
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back