Which Headphone stand do YOU prefer?
Jun 26, 2005 at 12:25 AM Post #61 of 155
Thanks to Head-Fi, I just went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond tonight and, with a $5 off coupon, I bought (2) sets of Hanger "C". They are $9.99 each, chrome, and seem to work perfectly for my Senn HD-650's and Sony CD0-3000's. For my STAX SR-404's, I use the manufacturer's custom-made stand with the coverlet.

KenB

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:26 AM Post #62 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmb367
I would def. take you up on that, but I'm living in SC for an internship this summer and am no where near a hairdryer!?!?!?
biggrin.gif

Will anything else work?

edit
PS Joey V yours looks a little nicer than mine...
580smile.gif

I guess you're stuck for now... let me know soon if u want me to send u one because I might lose whatever I have left forever. hehehe

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #63 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB
Thanks to Head-Fi, I just went to Bed, Bath, & Beyond tonight and, with a $5 off coupon, I bought (2) sets of Hanger "C". They are $9.99 each, chrome, and seem to work perfectly for my Senn HD-650's and Sony CD0-3000's. For my STAX SR-404's, I use the manufacturer's custom-made stand with the coverlet.

KenB

Dang.. I forgot to look for coupons...
frown.gif

Dont forget the pillows KenB! Oh... and watch your pm box.

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #64 of 155
Here's a little more lovin' for the BB[size=xx-small]&[/size]B banana hangers...

9632IMG_0592-med.JPG

I think I'm going to get a nice gunmetal-ish crackle paint and spray it on. I plan on getting some HD650's if I like them at the meet tomorrow, and it'll match perfectly.

Jun 26, 2005 at 12:43 AM Post #65 of 155
Joey:

Instead of buying pencil pillows (good idea BTW), I happend to find, in my desk drawer, a never used sunglass headband -- the thick elastic soft kind you stick each end in and they keep the glasses from falling off your head. I cut the two ends off and they were a perfect fit. They just slid on and I now have a soft cushion for the headphones!

Incidentally, congrats on having pretty swell parents that bought you a set of HD-650's!

KenB

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #66 of 155
I took dmb367's idea and refined it a bit. I took some silver duct tape, and wrapped it around the hook until it was thick enough that the pillow fit snuggly around it. Here's how it looks (used the camera phone this time since its easier)

Works perfectly now.
biggrin.gif

Joey_V: Yes I am a Polkie, those are Polk R10s and I have a Polk RM6750 for my small home theatre setup. Can't have big loud speakers here without disrupting my neighbors.

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #67 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmirza
I took dmb367's idea and refined it a bit. I took some silver duct tape, and wrapped it around the hook until it was thick enough that the pillow fit snuggly around it. Here's how it looks (used the camera phone this time since its easier)

Works perfectly now.
biggrin.gif

Joey_V: Yes I am a Polkie, those are Polk R10s and I have a Polk RM6750 for my small home theatre setup. Can't have big loud speakers here without disrupting my neighbors.

Oooh... that is nice!

Jun 26, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #69 of 155
Jun 26, 2005 at 2:38 AM Post #70 of 155
I cut off the barrell of a Sanford pen with the grip and it fits perfectly on mine. I might add silver tape or something later.
pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Those were taken with a camera phone, so they are not that clear.

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:17 AM Post #71 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMcMasterJ
I went to BB&B tonight and picked up hanger "B" since it was the only one they had. I did find this website though that you can order the hangers in different styles and colors. http://www.kitchen-plus.com/

http://www.kitchen-plus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=412

http://www.kitchen-plus.com/proddetail.asp?prod=852

There are other ones on that website but the hooks go the other way.

Nice, I really like the first one, especially since you can get it in black. I don't know if it's worth $17 though...hmmmmmm

Jun 26, 2005 at 3:22 AM Post #72 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
Nice, I really like the first one, especially since you can get it in black. I don't know if it's worth $17 though...hmmmmmm

Maybe not 17$ especially when you can get good stands like [C] from BBB for 10$ - those 20% coupons out there = 8$.

You can always paint the stands if you wish.... red/black shiny combo would be great I think.
cool.gif

Jun 26, 2005 at 9:13 AM Post #73 of 155
C is definitely the best looking. It's simple and I just don't like that shiny appearance of those other two.

Is it possible to order that in Europe? I haven't been able to find any banana hangers here from Finland. At least not from the biggest stores.

Jun 26, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #74 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by KenB

I am still looking for a cover for my 404's. It used to be that a suitable cover - a kitchen blender cover - were a dime-a-dozen in stores. It seems that the kitchen blender cover has gone the way of the felt bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back