which headphone gave you your first EARGASM
Jun 18, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #391 of 411
When I started getting into this hobby hard (2015-2017), I was originally blown away by my SR325e's and my Meze 99 Classic's. That is when I went "Wow, this stuff can be awesome!"
And then it began...
:gs1000smile:

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #392 of 411
When I started getting into this hobby hard (2015-2017), I was originally blown away by my SR325e's and my Meze 99 Classic's. That is when I went "Wow, this stuff can be awesome!"
And then it began...
:gs1000smile:
A pleasure and a curse!.... mostly pleasure though all though at times my wallet says otherwise.
Grado getting a lot of love here.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #393 of 411
A pleasure and a curse!.... mostly pleasure though all though at times my wallet says otherwise.
Grado getting a lot of love here.
Funny you mention that. I am doing a comparison with GH2's vs some new to me Hemp's. I do love the Grado sound.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #394 of 411
Funny you mention that. I am doing a comparison with GH2's vs some new to me Hemp's. I do love the Grado sound.
I have a few Grados including hemp, lovely headphones but I am considering passing mine on just because they just don't get the love they deserve as I tend to pick up others as I have 5 pairs of grado plus others, I only ever keep 3 usually and rotate..... hope you are enjoying them though.

Jun 18, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #395 of 411
I have a few Grados including hemp, lovely headphones but I am considering passing mine on just because they just don't get the love they deserve as I tend to pick up others as I have 5 pairs of grado plus others, I only ever keep 3 usually and rotate..... hope you are enjoying them though.
I was up to ten sets at Christmas time and swore to cut back. And I did...for a while. Got down to seven sets and am now back up to nine. It is now my only hobby and I am pretty enthusiastic about it.:grin:

Jun 18, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #399 of 411
I've been interested in audio since I was a child, in the 1960s (enjoying my Dad's RCA Victor Orthophonic High Fidelity Record Player).
Began buying & modifying radios & cheap speakers of my own, in the '70s.
Followed my interest in audio electronics, and got certified as an Electronics Technician at Texas A&M, in the mid-80s.
Built some different types of (smallish) speakers, in the '80s & '90s.
Bought a Sony CD Walkman, and some Panasonic earbuds, in the late-80's.
In 2000, I got some Beyerdynamic DT-831 (Sealed Back) headphones, for a few reasons: 1) To listen to music at home; 2) To use while running the mixer at Church; 3) So my Dad could more easily hear the TV, when my parents were visiting.
Got back into portable audio in May of 2016 - buying an iFi Micro iDSD, to use with my Google Nexus 5 phone, and the DT-831 headphones.
Began buying DAPs, earbuds & earphones in the Fall of 2016.
The first "expensive" earphones I bought (in December of 2016), were the LZ A4 ($150 promo discount, from the $195 SRP) - and I've remained impressed by their sound (even after buying more expensive earphones since then).
This year, I bought a (nearly new) used set of Monoprice Monolith M1070 (Open Back) headphones, and now I listen to them most of the time at home.
Have pre-ordered a set of IMR Elan+ earphones, and for work - a set of Avantree Aria Pro 2 (w/ANC), 3.5mm TRS w/Mic, & Bluetooth 5.0, aptX/-HD/-LL / FS / SBC headphones.

Jun 19, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #401 of 411
Headphone: Beyerdynamic DT880 pro
IEM: Rose Mini 2 MKII

Jun 19, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #404 of 411
I think I'm dating myself here, Koss Pro 4AA, awesome back in the day.
biggrin.gif
+1. Koss PortaPro with Sony Walkman / Discman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back