Which game console do you own/which will you buy?
Feb 28, 2002 at 3:35 AM Post #31 of 80
Oh well, different strokes for different folks. I personally can't stand playing the earlier FF games after playing 7 and up, it's like going from an online game of Quake 3 on a majorly decked out PC back to Tetris on the gameboy.

Feb 28, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #32 of 80
Well, i thought the earlier games were much more enjoyable. On the basis that square really couldn't spend, or waste, most of their time trying to get all the games to look flashy, then 8 came out and everything went to hell really fast (and i thought 7 had its flaws).

IMHO, Tetris was one of the best games every released on the gameboy.

Feb 28, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #33 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Xenogears anyone? That was a horrid pile of crap....
mad.gif

no no no no no no no
no!
that was an excellent game, i could have done with less mech crap but the story i thought was pretty great. Dragon Warrior 4 is still the champ though! Oh and Super Metroid...greatest game ever, besides RBI baseball.

Feb 28, 2002 at 6:10 AM Post #34 of 80
I thought it was terrible because of the camera work, i found myself constantly getting lost in any area and waste tons of time trying to figure my way around while consistently getting bombarded with battles. I played the game for 10-15 hrs then gave up. Skies of Arcadia on DC fared much better but interest just started to wane after 40+ hrs (the battles were too damn long and repetitive).

Feb 28, 2002 at 6:12 AM Post #35 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by secretagent44
Oh and Super Metroid...greatest game ever, besides RBI baseball.

Super Metroid? I assume your referring to the NES metroid since you mentioned RBI, yeah, it was one of the best, i also loved, no wait, was addicted to Super Mario 3.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 12:38 PM Post #36 of 80
I have Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Light, GameBoy Color, Game Gear w/ SMS adapter, Genesis, X'Eye (Sega CD clone), Saturn, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2

I want Turbo Duo, Neo Geo (cart), Vectrex
I do not want Jaguar, 3DO, X-Box
I'm indifferent about Fairchild, Odyssee/Odyssee II, etc.

I like Chrono Trigger more than the FF series.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:59 PM Post #39 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
What ever happened to Virtual Boy? I loved Wario Land.

Also on my list of things I do not wish to own: Virtual Boy, 32X

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:36 PM Post #40 of 80
I have a Virtual Boy at home somewhere. Got it back when I was working at Gamestop for someting like $17. Probably paid $16.99 too much........
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 5:04 PM Post #41 of 80
Quote:

Also on my list of things I do not wish to own: Virtual Boy, 32X

The 32X was awesome! I'm gonna get one soon... If not for the awesome version of Virtua Fighter it had, for the best Sonic game of all time, Knuckles Chaotix! That was one of the best games I've ever played. The 32X was definitely worth it for those two games alone.

Feb 28, 2002 at 5:38 PM Post #42 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by secretagent44

no no no no no no no
no!
that was an excellent game, i could have done with less mech crap but the story i thought was pretty great. Dragon Warrior 4 is still the champ though! Oh and Super Metroid...greatest game ever, besides RBI baseball.

There were a bunch of times in Xenogears when it really let its greatness show through. Well, on the first disk at any rate. It's so painfully obvious that they weren't given enough time and money when you get to the second disk. I would guess that's one of the reasons that the design team jumped from Square to make the prequels. I have very high hopes for the prequel.

I'm hoping that the next Chrono, Chrono Break, is more like Trigger than Cross. I doubt it, given that they'll never be able to assemble that dream team again, but hey, I can hope.

Oh, and on Square vs. Nintendo. I wish they would make up at some point, so that if nothing else, we can see Final Fantasy 6 on the Game Boy Advance. Square expressed interest in doing it, at one point, but Nintendo's president, Yamauchi, being the stubborn old man that he is, shot them down. I love reading about Yamauchi's interviews / speeches.

Feb 28, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #43 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus

The 32X was awesome! I'm gonna get one soon... If not for the awesome version of Virtua Fighter it had

Virtua Fighter Remix > VF 32X

Feb 28, 2002 at 7:07 PM Post #44 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
I have Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Colecovision, Intellivision, NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, GameBoy, GameBoy Pocket, GameBoy Light, GameBoy Color, Game Gear w/ SMS adapter, Genesis, X'Eye (Sega CD clone), Saturn, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PlayStation 2

I want Turbo Duo, Neo Geo (cart), Vectrex
I do not want Jaguar, 3DO, X-Box
I'm indifferent about Fairchild, Odyssee/Odyssee II, etc.

I like Chrono Trigger more than the FF series.

You still actually have all of those systems? With the boxes/manuals? Whoa! Hehe, anyway, check ebay for Neo Geo, i see auctions all the time, i wouldn't mind owning one...or maybe...just find a good emulator and start cleaning house with the roms
wink.gif

Same goes for the Turbo Duo, i see it on ebay all the time. I picked up Y's 3: wanderers from Y's for the Turbo duo so i could have the soundtrack (ya know, its redbook audio). The second track is the data track the remaining 30 or so tracks are blisssssssssss.
smily_headphones1.gif

ps. c'mon dude, you know the jaguar was the ultimate 64 bit system, lol
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 7:18 PM Post #45 of 80
I still have all of those systems -- some of the boxes and manuals, but not all of them. A game or two, too.

I'm spending too much on headphones and amps these days to get the Neo or PCE/Duo--was just noting that they're on the list.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back