Which game console do you own/which will you buy?
Feb 28, 2002 at 1:36 AM Post #16 of 80
It's better on the 3DO. Much better gameplay and integration of explosions with classical music. This is a game that was MADE for hi-fi!!!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not to derail this thread too much, but the 3DO was a damn fine system for its time. I still think it would make a nice niche system in everyone's collection. Even the CD-play mode had kaleidoscopic patterns.

It was also the only system that had a deluxe version of Star Control II released for it. THAT ALONE makes it superior.

Sorry to repeat the obvious, but Star Control II was the best video game ever made, at any time, on any platform, of any genre. This is a fact. Debate only if you must.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:42 AM Post #17 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Mumrik
Well, Gloco, as with everything else you'll have to define your needs first.

Mainly Singleplayer/Party machine? and DVD/no DVD?

Yeah, it comes down to the games.

Which one will have the most diverse selection (read: i dont need 10 versions of tennis or golf). Also, i love Resident Evil, so i may wind up with a Gamecube. PS2 does have some cool game, the one that you start a riot (state of emergency), well, looks like a riot. I don't care for console online games, because it'll be a drag to set it up for me, i don't have a phone line in the living room.

Or i just may wind up playing thru all the emulators i have.

Hgey Audio&me, you should run some searches, i have a neo geo emu also, i don't have games for it though. I do have snes, nes, genesis, and arcade emu's (strider for the arcade kicked butt!)and they all work fine.

What is it that you dislike about the Nvidia chip? chych states that it has inferior picture quality compared to the ATI multimedia "all i can do" chipset.
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #18 of 80
I downloaded rom images of a few (around 10) of the Neo-Geo games that I owned before I sold them. I can upload you some if you'd like.

My only gripe with Nvidia chipsets is that the image output looks horrid, blurry, and nasty texture rendering.
Voodoo5 had beautiful texture rendering, but lacked details and clarity, Radeon looks like a cleaner version of geforce cards. Matrox Gseries and S3 Savage4 are the only cards that satisfy me in image quality, but have snot for performance (not to mention driver issues). I stick to console gaming mostly.

Feb 28, 2002 at 1:48 AM Post #19 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Nick Dangerous
Not to derail this thread too much, but the 3DO was a damn fine system for its time. I still think it would make a nice niche system in everyone's collection. Even the CD-play mode had kaleidoscopic patterns.

um, yeah, my friend had one, i still think it was WAY OVERPRICED which wound up killing the system and nearly destroyed all hopes of a decent CD based console. Also, it was the basis for Sega's biggest blunder, the Saturn. Everything went to hell after that.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #21 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
I'm a die hard Sega fan, I love their games. It's a shame that they discontinued the DC, I would have loved for a second generation dreamcast.

yeah, they were rumors regarding a DC2, the problem with Sega was that they were always behind, technically with a console. I don't understand how they managed to bungle the DC's architecture. Guess their plans were too near-sighted.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #23 of 80
Quote:

If they came out with a DC2 sometime this year, I wouldn't care if the technology was behind the rest, it's all about the gameplay.
smily_headphones1.gif

Try telling that to all the companies that turned their backs on Sega
wink.gif

Sega can't do it all on their own, and we both know even Sega makes crummy games from time to time.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 80
Quote:

Don't remind me, it hurts.
frown.gif

It's ok (pat on the back)...one day when i'm a billionaire, i'll start my own console (Naomi) and wipe the floor with those F@#$ers...yeah Sony, i'm talking to you!
mad.gif

Besides destroying Sega, they singlehandled caused me to lose all my respect for Square. I was a huge FF fan up until 7 (a total nut is a better way to describe it, how many folks here actually attempted to play thru a japanese FF5?).

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #26 of 80
Yup, Square's biggest mistake was burning their bridge w/ Nintendo.

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
Yup, Square's biggest mistake was burning their bridge w/ Nintendo.

Absolutely! I really loved the direction Square was going with Nintendo's SNES, tons of classic RPG's, then they switch over to Sony, because they sold their souls and we get stuck with substandard games...wonderful aint it?
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I meant to say we get stuck with substandard games that still sell millions, Xenogears anyone? That was a horrid pile of crap....
mad.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 80
No kidding. After the first three Final Fantasy games (for America, that is), that beloved series went straight downhill. Game? Nah, it's a cinematic experience.
rolleyes.gif

Heh, it is kinda fun watching Square beg Nintendo for forgiveness, only to keep getting shot down.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 28, 2002 at 3:22 AM Post #30 of 80
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
No kidding. After the first three Final Fantasy games (for America, that is), that beloved series went straight downhill. Game? Nah, it's a cinematic experience.
rolleyes.gif

LOL, well its true, i found myself watch a soap opera unfold in FF7, i don't know about you, but i didn't like sitting there reading how "emotional" the characters were...sob...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back