Which Etymotics for me?
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #16 of 23
Is there an adapter that could add volume control and mic to the ER4-PT for different devices (e.g. Mac laptops, Windows laptops, PC, Galaxy Note 2/3)? That is the ER4 version that is available in local stores.

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #17 of 23
There are extension cables that add it on but you'll end up with a really long cable with the mic in the wrong place. Truly - if you want the mic, buy the HF versions

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #18 of 23
Could you please provide a link about such extension?

Could anybody please clarify the following confusions?

I have read a lot of reviews. We know that the HF2 is for Android phones while the HF3 is for iPhone and iPad. However, in two reviews, they mentioned that the HF2 is for iPhone and they tested the HF2 on it... I am confused.

Many places have mentioned that the HF2/3/5 are the same. Just different in the controller. However, more than one sources have mentioned that the HF5 is better than the HF2/3.

Which ones HF2/3/5 or the ER4-PT has cord that can be broken easily within a year? Is that the HF-2 or the ER4-PT or both?

I know that for the Bose QC20i, it is for iPhone/iPad but it can also be used on Android phones and laptop computers. Only the mic or volume function does not work in the Android phones. Maybe this i the same for Etymotic headphones?

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #19 of 23
  Could you please provide a link about such extension?

Could anybody please clarify the following confusions?

I have read a lot of reviews. We know that the HF2 is for Android phones while the HF3 is for iPhone and iPad. However, in two reviews, they mentioned that the HF2 is for iPhone and they tested the HF2 on it... I am confused.

Many places have mentioned that the HF2/3/5 are the same. Just different in the controller. However, more than one sources have mentioned that the HF5 is better than the HF2/3.

Which ones HF2/3/5 or the ER4-PT has cord that can be broken easily within a year? Is that the HF-2 or the ER4-PT or both?

I know that for the Bose QC20i, it is for iPhone/iPad but it can also be used on Android phones and laptop computers. Only the mic or volume function does not work in the Android phones. Maybe this i the same for Etymotic headphones?

Thanks.

well yeah, they work as a simple headphone, I thought you were asking about the remote , as a simple headphone they will work with anything that have a 3.5mm headphone out jack

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #20 of 23
I have two choices: HF-5 or the ER4-PT. I am not an audiophile. Will I be able to tell the difference in sound quality between the two? In my city, the ER4-PT is twice the cost as the HF-5. Is it worth to get the ER4-PT?

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #21 of 23
  I have two choices: HF-5 or the ER4-PT. I am not an audiophile. Will I be able to tell the difference in sound quality between the two? In my city, the ER4-PT is twice the cost as the HF-5. Is it worth to get the ER4-PT?

the best way is of course to try them, i hinge more on the er4 , i have heard the hf 5 and didnt quite like it,ymmv. May i know what sound sig you want? and what kind of source and files you have(dap, losless ?)

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 23
Thanks. The problem is that local stores do not allow me to try. The reputable company only have the HF5 and the ER4-PT. I know nothing about sound sig, dap, losless, bass, etc. Even the sounds from the Shure SE115 are ok with me. That is why I wonder if it will make a difference to get the more expensive ER4-PT. Etymotic told me that the ER4-PT has better cable though. I am making the purchase mainly because with the Shure SE115, I can still hear people talking loudly in Starbucks and cafes where I study often. I listen to classical music, celtic music, etc. Sometimes I prefer to just use the earphone without music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back