Which eartip to use with Westone UM3X?
Jan 11, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #31 of 39
Hello fellow aussie
biggrin.gif

If you have small canals, klipsch gels will fit u really well, cuz they have some of the smallest tips Ive ever seen. Even the Large ones are quite small compared to etymotic tips and stuff.

EDIT: I could have sworn it said 01-10-10 lol

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dragoonf144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello fellow aussie
biggrin.gif

If you have small canals, klipsch gels will fit u really well, cuz they have some of the smallest tips Ive ever seen. Even the Large ones are quite small compared to etymotic tips and stuff.

EDIT: I could have sworn it said 01-10-10 lol

Where can I find these gels in Aus?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #34 of 39
Shure olives are the bomb for the UM3X. If you take notice at the internal tube and tip of the olive they dont compress the hole where the sound travels out of like the Complys do.

In fact the shape of the exit hole of the olives give a "horn effect" which restores or enhances the highs of the UM3X. I would liken it to taking cotton wool out of your ears.

The next best choice would probably be the grey silicone tips with the sliced off ends (pictured by bakhtiar in this thread) to further expose the sound tube.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #35 of 39
I really need to buy me some Shure Olives but no one on here seems to have some spare one's that they can give or sell to me
frown.gif
I am unsure of which size I need. Short comply is perfect for my right canal but not big enough for my left, I can move it to easily.

Jan 12, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #36 of 39
hi everyone, just wanted to ask how awesome is the long comply's isolation supposed to be. because i've been using them, love them to death but the isolation just doesn't cut it. if people semi-shout infront of me i can hear them. (i'm a singaporean) i can still hear quite abit of background bus noise on your typical bus 74. so yup, just how good is 'good' for isolation!

Also, how good are biflanges in terms of isolation. they don't seem to be good at isolation at all.

oh that leads me to the next question. since isolation isn't so good, i might turn up the volume abit on my um3x. on the g1 ipod touch, i'm usually somewhere in the middle of the rewind button interms of volume. anyone like to share too?

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:08 AM Post #37 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by natty135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi everyone, just wanted to ask how awesome is the long comply's isolation supposed to be. because i've been using them, love them to death but the isolation just doesn't cut it. if people semi-shout infront of me i can hear them. (i'm a singaporean) i can still hear quite abit of background bus noise on your typical bus 74. so yup, just how good is 'good' for isolation!

Also, how good are biflanges in terms of isolation. they don't seem to be good at isolation at all.

oh that leads me to the next question. since isolation isn't so good, i might turn up the volume abit on my um3x. on the g1 ipod touch, i'm usually somewhere in the middle of the rewind button interms of volume. anyone like to share too?

Perhaps your issue is just fit related? After all you cant seem to get decent isolation even with Complys.

Have you tried different sizes of the tips you have? You can always get different sized tips from Stereo at Plaza Sing. I would advice you to go for the Shure olives.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #38 of 39
I didn't like the Klipsch Gels with the UM3X, I had a few issues with the gels staying in my ear when I removed the headphones, and they sounded ever so slightly muffled to me.

The Comply Foam tips are amazing, though I did get some UM56 tips, and I can't figure out how I listened to these without them.

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #39 of 39
I'm having trouble choosing eartips, too.

I have been using the small Comply foams for a bit over a month now. I want to try the clear silicone ovals to see how different they would sound, but I'm having a hard time fitting them, particularly on my left ear. The small tips are too small, but the medium ones simply won't go flush against my left ear canal either. It's as though the nozzle of the earpiece is pointing at a direction that won't match the angle between the concha and the canal of my left ear. That, or I have a square or crooked left ear canal. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back