Which DIY amp to pair up with Darth v3?
Jun 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, just wondering what in all your opinions would pair up best with a pair of v3 darths (not deep cups). Solid state amps are recommended by Larry I believe? Between something like an M3 or a CK2III, which would do the better job? Or would I be far better of building a 3 channel beta22 for this? Not tubes right....if tubes ARE within the question, then maybe a Bijou or a Millet or something? I'm open to suggestions, particularly from current or previous Darth owners. Cheers!

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 6
hm. yea my thoughts are that id DEFINITELY prefer the b22 to either the CK2III or the M3, it probably being in a sound and price class above the other two aforementioned amps? However, that said, if i do opt to not build such an expensive amp as the b22, I havent had the chance to hear the m3 versus the ck2III. how do the tonal qualities differ, and which might pair up better with v3 darths?

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Honestly, all of the amps listed are great amps and will drive the Darth Beyers very nicely. You might want to add the PPAv2 to that list though, it's also very good.

I thought the CKK-III was clearer and colder than the M3 so I would probably go with it. I do like the PPAv2 more, it's still my favorite amp.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 6
nice, contemplating the ck2III or maybe even a ppav2...dont think my budget will allow for a beta at this time...although...well see
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back