Which Custom Fit earphone , Futuresonic Vs. Westone ES5,will give me bass and sub bass when I need it?
Nov 30, 2011 at 12:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

bmiamihk

Aka: useitifuhaveit, Ceremony69, vanitang, jacko, EarImpact
I listen to all kinds of music and so at times I will need and I desire to have bass with shaking sub bass aswell. I own the universal fir Atrios which do have some very nice bass and I also own the westone 3. I want more bass please if that is possible. Thanks

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 25
The UM Merlin, UE11Pro, JH11Pro, JH16Pro willbe the better pick for there bass heavy soundsignature.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #3 of 25
I did hear two JH but they seem to be aimed on neautral sound and yes they have many speakers 8 on each side but they didnt pound as much bass as the universal Atrios.

Nov 30, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 25
There is a difference in bass between a BA custom IEM and BA universal fit IEM, more than likely due to bone conduction of the bass.  However, I have 3 custom IEMs with dynamic bass drivers and all three output more sub-bass than the JH16, but not by a huge margin.  I believe the JH16 has more bass than the ES5, so from what you wrote it would seem the i9pro, Merlin, mg6pro, or TS842 would suit you best, with the i9pro having a ton of bass.

Nov 30, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 25

Quote:
The UM Merlin, UE11Pro, JH11Pro, JH16Pro willbe the better pick for there bass heavy soundsignature.

Have you owned all these IEMs?

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 25
The Futuresonics MG6Pro has the best sub-bass in terms of real bass energy and feel of any custom iem. It made the Jh16 demo I heard sound fake and lifeless.
Marty Garcia, the owner of Futuresonics, told me he engineers the MG6Pro to reach down to 10hz. Even though that is beyond human hearing, he says that it adds something to our feel of the bass. Now that I've experienced the MG6Pro, I agree.

Basically, a BA or set of balanced armature bass drivers in a sealed shell are never going to be able to move the air for real bass feel (and we feel bass as much as we hear it) that a true vented dynamic will. The MG6Pro has a very well controlled bass. If you like dynamic driver sound and you've heard the Atrio and want something better with the same stage monitor signature, then the MG6Pros are it.

From Anaxilus' description of his ES5's, they are very nice, but it's not a competition in terms of bass and sub-bass.

Nov 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 25

Quote:
I thought ZARIM was a forum bot that replies to every recommendation thread with a generic list of IEMs/headphones?

Hell no. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #10 of 25
Second & third the recommendation for the MG6Pro. Definitely a 'not subtle' step up from the Atrios in overall sonic presentation. The mids go from being one of the worst aspects of the range with the Atrios to being one of the best with the MG6Pro. I mean, I was pretty shocked at how much of an improvement that part was/is with the MG6Pro... and then there's the increased sense of space, layering, and placement... much better across the board. 

I don't even need to discuss the bass of course...  
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #11 of 25
I love the Atrios bass and I also enjoy the Westone 3 bass as well. I wonder if I can get deeper bass. I heard the JH 13 and 16 and I will say this they (both) do not have the bass the cheaper Atrios has. The JH might have a better all around sound (neautral) but compared to the Atrios or even the W3 they aint better ( maybe close to being equal in bass). If they were any better I would have bought a pair of JH I have the money that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 25
A fourth recommendation for MG6Pro. I am going to the audiologist on Tuesday, and ordering same day. Because I've been so disappointed with BA bass, I am ordering the MG6Pro. I have done a massive amount of research, and I personally believe the MG6Pro will be able to deliver on the bass unlike any of the other custom IEMs, including the JH-16, which is considered the bass monster of the highest-tier IEMs. 

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 25
Fact is the universal Atrios has the sub bass. It goes real low and it is clean and controlled. No matter how goos it is a Bass head will never be satisfied. I keep buying other earphones just to see (hear0 if they can compete with the Atrios and well I still have the Atrios. I use my earphones 2 hrs or more aday in Hong Kong. Most of that time I am walking back and forth and my Atrios are beat up and still bassing. I also use the Westone 3 and they also have deep bass  almost close to the atrios but of course a different feel to them. I have borrowed the JH16 and boy they are ok but nothing great and if they were the bomb I would have bought it a long time ago. I heard the JH 13 many times and they are a little better then the JH16 but just a bit but both are not ass bassy as the Atrios nor the W3. I would love to buy the future sonics.

Feb 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
I love the Atrios bass and I also enjoy the Westone 3 bass as well. I wonder if I can get deeper bass. I heard the JH 13 and 16 and I will say this they (both) do not have the bass the cheaper Atrios has. The JH might have a better all around sound (neautral) but compared to the Atrios or even the W3 they aint better ( maybe close to being equal in bass). If they were any better I would have bought a pair of JH I have the money that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

I don't know if you've made your decision yet, but you want the MG6Pros. The low end is pretty stupendous. I use mine for monitoring on stage. I play bass. I need bass and I like bass that feels like it's coming out of the ground. Last Saturday night I played the Boulder Theater, which has some ridiculously huge (7 feet?) subwoofer cabs that are deep and tight. The MG6Pros were at least as good sounding, if not better. I have an EQ called an Alembic Superfilter, which is a state variable filter that can sweep down to a center frequency (or cutoff for a low pass, or cutoff for a high pass) of 45 hz with additional resonance available. Usually when I boost down there past a certain point, it craps out IEMs, speakers, subs, etc. The MG6Pro just rolls with it. 

I also work as a location recording engineer and have been on a search for good headphones to use on location that reproduce low end and seal well. My previous choice has been the Beyerdynamic DT770s (which kept blowing drivers) and ATH-M50s. The Future Sonics make them sound incredibly wimpy in comparison.

My only complaint about them is that they aren't the most transparent transducers I've used in the high end range, but they are unparalleled for bass. I use the smallest vents. The mediums were too much and I haven't tried the large vents. I'm going to have to relax with the big vents and some reggae at some point.

I also have to point out that the FS service is really excellent. David and Dayna have been really responsive to a lot of questions and they turned my order around really quickly, despite going off to NAMM. I've been using their universal fit IEMs since early 2008 after stumbling on some used FS1s and then moving on to the various Atrios. I've also used Westone, Ultimate Ears and another brand that escapes me right now.

I love the Atrios, but this is a whole difference experience. I hope you've experienced the difference between the Atrios with foam and with the SofterWear sleeves because this is like that leap except way more so.

YMMV, LOL, OMG, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back