which comfortable full size cans would be a step forward from Westone 3's ?
Apr 29, 2009 at 7:00 AM Post #31 of 33
Wow, thanks a lot for all your advices, they are bringing me on the right way
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I should not listen to a Stax, this might be painful for my wallet.

I am not a true Audiophile also because my ears are not the best after I had an accident while shooting without my ear protection on some years ago
frown.gif

So for sure I will not go up to the highest levels, this would be wasted money with these ears
smily_headphones1.gif

But I like good sound and I also can enjoy it at least with headphones.
With speakers I am having much more problems to enjoy listening, so "fortunately" I can save some money here
smily_headphones1.gif

I also like design and so all things I buy need to be technically good AND looking good.
And the RS-1 is such an item!
I already came across the different (vintage) versions of the RS-1 and I bookmarked the related threads to read them during the next days.

I also started in looking for a tiny tube amp.
I am a big fan of the steampunk design and there are some nice looking amps out there.
Especially the Moth Audio amps are breathtaking - unfortunately they are hard to come by and quite expensive.
But from Moth I found the way to the Lunch Box amp which would for sure look terrific on my desk, probably I will give it a try even I know it is not the very best combination for the RS-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Jochen

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't worry about drj's comments, he knows little of what he's talking about.

dt880smile.png
You following me around? Again nothing I said was wrong, and since, the OP has been making a good journey and looking at options to drive full size headphones properly.

...helped a bit more than your post did.

Just because I don't like the HD595, just means I have a different opinion to you. I don't even have to give a resume of headphones I listened to either. For all I know, you could just have bad taste enjoying the HD595 over HD600. But again, I never judged you on that
wink_face.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 33
I am done now
smily_headphones1.gif

I just bought a Grado RS-1i at ebay and have a Lunch Box Pro on order from Russia.

I know the vintage RS-1 are told to sound better and there are other amps with more synergie with the Grados out, but I believe this will be a very nice start into full size head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks one more for your kind help and advice!

Jochen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back