Which Cell provider would you use?
Mar 4, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #46 of 62
Generally from my own and my friends' experience (don't quote me on this):

Cingular/T-mobile for the West coast.
Verizon for the East cast.
??? for anything in between.

Mar 4, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #47 of 62
Well, after 1 1/2 years up on the North Slope, I can safely say that the only phones that work up here on nearly all the pads are Verizon phones. My AT&T phone works on like 85% of the pads, but every so often, finds a dead spot. Of course, there is no provider for the Verizon network in Fairbanks, so I'm probably sticking to AT&T still as I refuse to go back to CDMA...

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #48 of 62
I have been on Verizon for about 9 years now and I have been very happy with them. I almost always have my phone on vibrate so I don't need ringtones, but I do know that you can txt them to yourself to get around the Verizon charges.

I travel all around Nevada and I am never without service, which is surprising, and it keeps me with them.

Mar 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #49 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, after 1 1/2 years up on the North Slope, I can safely say that the only phones that work up here on nearly all the pads are Verizon phones. My AT&T phone works on like 85% of the pads, but every so often, finds a dead spot. Of course, there is no provider for the Verizon network in Fairbanks, so I'm probably sticking to AT&T still as I refuse to go back to CDMA...

agreed. Contracts and CDMA (not WCDMA in Japan, though) are evil
frown.gif

Unlocked phones without contracts FTW!

Apr 21, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #50 of 62
Those of you with T-mobile, they now offer a "loyalty" plan. 49.99 a month for unlimited voice. Only requirements are you have been a t-mobile customer for 22 months and are in good standing.

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #52 of 62
It really depends on which is best down there where you live. Look at the carriers sites for maps of coverage where you live and go most often. Every carrier has good coverage some places, lousy other places. Don't go with a carrier because they have "the nation's best coverage" unless that includes where you will be!

May 2, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #56 of 62
I've been a T-Mobile guy for 3 years, then 2 years ago I moved to Verizon. They give the worst phones and tech support I've even experienced plus they overcharge. I was looking at the bill and I saw a that they gave a surcharge because of a surcharge. I would choose Alltell or ATT/Cingular

May 2, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #57 of 62
AT&T works fine for me. There are some dead spots in places they shouldn't be, but most are probably to be due to my aging HTC Wizard being terrible and not the network itself.

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #59 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by will33184 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id say go with att, just becasue they use gsm, lets you swap out your phones quick and dirty in case you need to

But what about T-Mobile? They're GSM too :p

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #60 of 62
I went from Sprint to Verizon. This was a big improvement in pretty much every way I can think of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back