Which Cell provider would you use?
Dec 17, 2007 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

EhJayKim

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to be switching cell carriers soon. Which providers do you guys think are best? I have nextel (sprint) now. What would you go for? I just want good service. Thanks.

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 62
I'll probably get a beating for this, but I've been with Cingular/AT&T for about three years and they've been alright. One screwup over the years, I called them, and the person fixed it almost immediately.

Yeah, I know some people hate them, but they've been good enough to me. Haven't had any coverage problems, either.

I use an iPhone, so it runs me $50 a month. Happy with the iPhone, too.

Dec 17, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by EhJayKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just want good service. Thanks.

If by "service" you mean customer service, no such thing exist.

Afraid u have to narrow down your priority list. A generic "best" doesn't exist.

Dec 17, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #4 of 62
i have been looking into this myself. i am coming from Nextel (sprint) and Actually i only ever had nextel since they started in Chicago years on years back.

i think the best i have found from people i know is probably AT&T. well they might not be the best but i don't think they could be worse then sprint. plus they have the ubder cool i-Phone..so...

Dec 17, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #5 of 62
I meant coverage when I said service...I am not so naiive as to think that I could find good customer service from a cell phone company. So, I guess coverage and price would be what I was looking for.

Dec 17, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 62
Both Telenor and NetCom work quite fine around here...
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 62
Currently where I'm living I've been with T-Mobile and their coverage has been pretty good. There are some areas here where T-Mobile's coverage isn't that great but neither is AT&T. I dropped AT&T a few years back because they had tried to nickel and dime me for everything in my carrier plan.

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 62
I've had Alltel for eight years. There's been good coverage where ever I've traveled for the mountains of NC to FL, NJ, ID, NH....etc. The 10 free numbers on any network, land or cell, is a really nice feature that saves a ton of minutes.

Alltel.com - Official site

Dec 17, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #10 of 62
I've been using Dobson/Cellular One for the last 3 years. They've worked pretty well for me so far. But they just merged with AT&T, so it looks like I automatically am going to get moved over to their network.

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #13 of 62
Verizon is the only company with decent coverage in my area, so it was an easy choice, even if I'd have preferred something cheaper. I haven't had any problems with them, yet. I would definitely try to gauge how well covered you area is by the various providers and base your decision off of that, because a cell phone is worthless without good coverage.

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #14 of 62
Verizon has the best coverage, I almost always have a strong signal and have only had a dropped call when using my phone internationally. Go for AT&T if you want an iPhone, if not, Verizon, even though they offer some pretty bad phones.

Dec 18, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by EhJayKim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I guess coverage and price would be what I was looking for.

Ah. Thanks for clarifying that.

In the U.S. Verizon is known to have the best coverage, generally speaking, you really want to chat with ppl in your area to be sure. AT&T come 2nd and Tm close third, again, overall U.S. Some claim Sprint is great at several Metro areas, but get out of the City and fergitaboutit.

Verizon is been (so far) most expensive for everything, u can't even download your own &%^$ ringtones but have to buy from them. I hear this is changing but don't hold yer breath just yet.

Tm has the best unlimited data plan I hear, but that was like a year ago. U text ALOT. Tm seemed like the way to go.

I LOVE Verizon's VZnavigator feature. GPS on your phone baby... Only other company to have this *If* you have an iPhone or a very ugly smartphone from AT&T.

Picking a phone carrier is more complicated than financing college, but hope this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back