Which are the best sounding "disposable" in-ears under $50? (gift for teenager)
Sep 2, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyerfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best sounding ones are the ones that you like the look of price wise.
Everyone will give different answers so just get what you think they will like.
Easy solution.

Price doesnt matter as long as it's under 50 bucks. I just need something that will last some wear and tear.

Sep 2, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #22 of 33
I second the CX-300s. I've heard them, not bad and well under $50 and 2 year warranty. It's a good way to introduce someone to better than stock without spending the bank.

Sep 3, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe294 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I second the CX-300s. I've heard them, not bad and well under $50 and 2 year warranty. It's a good way to introduce someone to better than stock without spending the bank.

I like the CX 300's and I will probably get them unless somebody convinces me otherwise.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you get the NE-7Ms for under 50?
I personally preferred them to the IE8s.

It's a great option but I'm looking for something cheaper. It would costs exactly 50 bucks and I'm looking for something lower.

Sep 3, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #26 of 33
Sep 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bixby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will get responses all over the map in this thread.

May I suggest you read these threads and pick one. ClieOS is pretty accurate at describing the differences between these iems. All you need to do is find the 10-15 that are below $50 find a sound signature you might think he would like and bingo, buy one.

Hope this helps

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...2-08-a-335851/

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...-v-2-a-394365/

Wow thanks, looks like I have even more options to look at. I might just pull the trigger tomorrow since I need them next week.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #29 of 33
im adding a minus 1 for cx300. i own them, and i thought they sounded muddy years ago when i first bought them, i cant listen to them anymore, they sound terrible. big bloated overpowering inaccurate bass kills everything else. it sounds like your sitting behind a rear ported speaker. best way i can describe it.
either that or crack the bass boost to the max and put a paper bag over your head.

Sep 3, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by roosta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im adding a minus 1 for cx300. i own them, and i thought they sounded muddy years ago when i first bought them, i cant listen to them anymore, they sound terrible. big bloated overpowering inaccurate bass kills everything else. it sounds like your sitting behind a rear ported speaker. best way i can describe it.
either that or crack the bass boost to the max and put a paper bag over your head.

Finally someone comes out and says it. I didn't want to be the one to start an argument, but I totally agree with this. Never liked the CX300s and never will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back