Apr 20, 2006 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

munkong

Member of the Trade: Munkong Gadget
which is well match with GRADO HF-1
help me if you can
I want deep and rich bass
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 5:04 PM Post #2 of 20
There's an amp for sale in the fs group that is as good as it gets with grado. hungrych is selling "pinkie", Jahn's former modified graham slee solo. You really should consider it, especially now that he's practically giving it away.

Apr 20, 2006 at 6:26 PM Post #3 of 20
I am using my Microamp with my 225s and soon to be Hf-1s, after burn-in is done. It is a warm sound, but if you really want warm sound then I would go with tubes. I have tried them with X-can v2, an original mpx3, woo 3, and a newer mpx3.

The Coda Aria was also nice.

Apr 20, 2006 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 20
Hornet is a splendid match for the HF-1s and is capable of producing prodigious quantities of bass with these phones!

At the last NYC area meet, Ray had an unusual recording playing through the Hornet into HF-1s that made it feels as though I had my head in a subwoofer. Of course it's up to the recording to offer that much bass information, but this combo can really pump it out.
basshead.gif

Apr 21, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 20
Judging strictly by the specs of the headfive or previous models that are similar to the HEADFIVE, how would they be with an HF-1? Or SR225? Or any Grado in general?

For $250 is there anything that would compliment Grado's better? Help.

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 20
I've read that the Headfive prototype will be at the national meet, so perhaps there will be some postings about it very soon. I haven't heard any of the other amps, but the reviews of them are good.

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #8 of 20
Why don't you add Grado amps to the list?

For the record, I haven't heard one, but a lot of people say they're the best match for Grado headphones. Would stand to reason the HF-1 would sound good with one, too.

Apr 21, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #9 of 20
what about adding Black gated LaRocco PRII to the list?
biggrin.gif

among portable amps I have-including RA-1-, I like it most with my Grados
-but I have to say SR-71 is a good rival to PRII-it has clean high, nice resolution and
impressive bass slam.

Apr 21, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by munkong
or have other choice for me
580smile.gif

I want an home amp (but not huge)
portable is not nesscessay

- Headfive (nobody hear it)
- Creek OBH21SE
- X-can V3
- Rockopper M3

if you have some comment, please advise me
eggosmile.gif

IMHO the M^3 can be very aggressive sounding, depending on the OP amps used.

Apr 22, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #15 of 20
For $60, the PA2V2 should do pretty well for what it's worth
On second thought, forget it, I just read your sig. However, the PA2V2 is a great amp for grados

Users who are viewing this thread

Back