where's Xin ( portable amps ) ?
Jun 23, 2008 at 10:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

boodi

Headphoneus Supremus
just minding , as I'm buying a new port amp and reading around fthe Xin reference seems to be the best option for me .... ....
Doc Xin seems to be disappeared somewhat though leaving behind him some unfilled orders / repairs ..

Jun 23, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #2 of 27
................and where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?
............and where is Waldo?
I have my Reference w/2ins and 2outs, together with 22000uf cap. .........it makes me happy.

Jun 23, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #3 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just minding , as I'm buying a new port amp and reading around fthe Xin reference seems to be the best option for me .... ....
Doc Xin seems to be disappeared somewhat though leaving behind him some unfilled orders / repairs ..

I think you'd do best to forget Xin. There are plenty of other good amps out there.

Jun 23, 2008 at 11:58 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

At this point, and after countless posts to another thread on here wondering the same thing, who knows?? And who cares???

Plenty of other amp makers with tons better customer service. Use one of them and be happier

Jun 23, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #6 of 27
Yes it's sad but Xin has for any usefull purpose been missing for over a year now. I've had all his amps but am sad to say that today I would never try to order anything from him.

Jun 23, 2008 at 1:53 PM Post #7 of 27
I really don't think anyone here know where he is.
If he's not around his home place that is...
wink.gif

Feng, Xin
3399 NW Poppy Dr
Corvallis, OR 97330
US

Source: whois -> fixup.net

Jun 23, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #9 of 27
This past week I ordered another Supermini (having sold my previous one) with the idea that...........if it comes - it comes. I will not die if it does not ..........and if it does, then great! Some other amp would then be sold. In the meantime, I've ordered a two-tone Pico w/o dac for some amping fun
smily_headphones1.gif
...........and also snagged an "ancient" Joe Grado amp. to see how it treats MS Pro and HP-2. You see, there are lots of fine amps to fill a particular niche or two. It's plain silly to harp on one particular amp designer/builder. In fact - it's downright infantile.

Jun 23, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #10 of 27
Xin is a friend but has been out of contact for some time. His Reference is still one of the very best on the market but unless there is a change, the only way to pick one up is on the used market, and there aren't that many. I have a couple of versions but I am not getting rid of any. Hopefully this marvel of sound will become available again and I would imagine if it does, it will have changes to the circuit since that is the driving force behind the search for the audio utopia of Xin.

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
................and where in the world is Carmen SanDiego?
............and where is Waldo?
I have my Reference w/2ins and 2outs, together with 22000uf cap. .........it makes me happy.

Do you ever use the 1/4'' input?

Jun 23, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #14 of 27
I do. It is very nice and very forward thinking on the part of Xin.

Jun 23, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 27
so at the moment I'm tryin to get my hands on a used viper which seems to me the very best option for price as amp/dac ( soundwise speaking )

jamato8
should a Xin Reference come by , please notice me via pm or mail

I've read few but very good impressions about it it is something I'd like to try for comparo purpose - at least .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back