Where to get Takstar hi2050 in the US
Aug 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

pcnoob101

New Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Takstar hi2050 from aliexpress on June 29th and they still haven't arrived.  I have accepted that they are not coming at this point.  I will not be ordering internationally again, but I'd really like a pair of these headphones.  Does anyone know of a place in the US I can order these from?  Or maybe recommend similar set in the same price range.  From what I've read though, nothing can come close in this price range.  Thank you

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 12
The Takstar Hi2050 are also sold under the name Technical Pro HPT-990.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #4 of 12
I found them on Amazon but it would take up to another 30 days to get them unless I pay an extra $25.  Can anyone recommend some really nice headphones in the $50-$100 price range.  Or would you suggest I just pay the $25 because I won't find another pair as good as these at this price?  I've read that these cans are comparable to cans that are $150+!!

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
I ordered a pair of Takstar hi2050 from aliexpress on June 29th and they still haven't arrived.  I have accepted that they are not coming at this point.  I will not be ordering internationally again, but I'd really like a pair of these headphones.  Does anyone know of a place in the US I can order these from?  Or maybe recommend similar set in the same price range.  From what I've read though, nothing can come close in this price range.  Thank you

This seller is the best for them. I got my HD6000 and superlux 386s within 5 days from them.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hot-TAKSTAR-T-S-HI2050-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Headphones-High-fidelity-Entertainment-Headphone-Earphones-Free-Shipping/106916_528130999.html

Open a dispute on aliexpress and you'll get your money back. They're just like ebay.

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Thank you for the advice.  I was reading that these headphones do well when amped.  Is it possible that my onboard sound through the motherboard has an amp?  Or is that something different?  I will be using these while gaming on my computer.  What do you recommend for an amp?  Thanks

Aug 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 12
Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card, $30 and there is a $10 mail in rebate this month.
For the price you pay for the Hi2050, can't see any reason to spend more then what the Xonar DG's costs.

Headphone wise there is the Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) headphones.
You could call them the closed version of the Hi2050s and they sound a little bit better.
and they are $50 on eBay.

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #8 of 12
I just got the HSR-1000 in the mail today.  I got them because they were around the same price as the takstar hi2050 but many agreed they were a bit better sounding.  I didn't realize they came with a coiled cable though.  I HATE the coiled cable.  I am using it for my desktop and it pulls too much on the earphones while I have them on.  Any suggestions on a headphone of similar quality/value with a straight cable?  Would it be too much of a PIA to replace the cable and would it decrease the sound quality?

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
I just got the HSR-1000 in the mail today.  I got them because they were around the same price as the Takstar Hi2050 but many agreed they were a bit better sounding.  I didn't realize they came with a coiled cable though.  I HATE the coiled cable.  I am using it for my desktop and it pulls too much on the earphones while I have them on.  Any suggestions on a headphone of similar quality/value with a straight cable?  Would it be too much of a PIA to replace the cable and would it decrease the sound quality?

If already have a soldering iron, then replace the cable.
(Mogami quad microphone cable)

Aug 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 12
Just do a web search "soldering headphone cable", as I can't rememeber the websites that explains headphone cable replacement.

Jul 8, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #12 of 12
Yea they are nice headphones, just get someone to cable mod them. I'd so it as well but I just deal with it.

I'd love to get a removable cable mod myself. That would be the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back