Where to get Recabling Done:
Mar 30, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #16 of 21
Nobody said it was because of thickness, he just stated that he found it cheap

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #17 of 21
Well, the question is then, what makes him think so? Not to mention how one goes about evaluating a cable?

Did he use some scientific device to check the copper purity, or is he just playing the typical cable shilling business that seems to have plagued this website.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #18 of 21
Couldn't say but I have certainly noted a difference between the stock cable and the replacement cables I have bought for headphones i Own and have owned. The magnitude of the difference has varied from phone to phone and in at least one case the difference was to the worse compared to how I wanted it to sound but others might have liked that change. In several cases the recable has at the same time included going from single ended to balanced so in those cases I can't say what part is due to the cable and what part is due to the balanced mode.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In several cases the recable has at the same time included going from single ended to balanced so in those cases I can't say what part is due to the cable and what part is due to the balanced mode.

For this it would be nice if fellow head-fiers would give their verdict on cables like the AKG702 ALO Cryo cable. My pocket is itching to drop $275 on them, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for a single ended cable.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #20 of 21
I can totally recommend Moon Audio!

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #21 of 21
I'd have Jacob at Soloz do these. You are going to get the same thing and not pay as much. Check out the pics he has. Nice work. ALO and some of the others just charge way too much. At that point you'd be better off just buying something else or find someone who has them for sale.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back