Where to get ATH M50
Mar 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

luxybeats

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, 

New to this forum and to headphones. My friend let me try on his m50 and I can't believe how good it sounds. I never bought  headphones before, I just use the ones that comes with the mp3 players or ipods. I love music ( I guess I can't really say that since I never invested in getting "proper" equipment haha). I been looking around the forum, but the places that they mention do not have the price anymore. 

Well I was hoping someone can help me out and tell me where I buy m50s for a good price from an authorized dealer, preferably with warranty just in case. 

My friend has no idea where to buy them either as he got it as a gift and the person that bought it for him got it for 180USD .....

Anyways any help will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance!

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxybeats /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My friend has no idea where to buy them either as he got it as a gift and the person that bought it for him got it for 180USD .....

$180? wow...that's a lot. 

You can find the M50's at Amazon, J&R, and headroom. 

They are authorized dealers. They can be found around $140 or less (sometimes)

oh... and Welcome to head-fi! sorry about your wallet. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 16
I bought mine from B&H for $119. B&H is very reputable. J&R and Headroom, as desktophifi suggests, should also be fine.

I would not buy popular, often counterfeited headphones through eBay.

Mar 4, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #6 of 16
Where are you located? You might be able to walk into a Guitar Center and walk out with a pair. They beat B&H's price by $10 when I bought mine. Of course, the deal was that I would also buy their 2 year warranty at $26 for the $109 price on the cans. I did but I promptly returned the warranty. Since the discount was on the headphones, I only paid $109 + tax for them. Not a bad deal, IMHO.

Mar 5, 2011 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 16
WOW, this is a great forum. Thanks for the reply you guys!! I wasn't expecting anyone to answer my thread until like next week lol. I was looking around more the forum more and I heard about guys buying for $90 +. Guess those deals aren't around anymore. I am looking at all the sites you guys suggested. Probably will pick order one if there price drop just a bit more lol. 

Quote:
Where are you located? You might be able to walk into a Guitar Center and walk out with a pair. They beat B&H's price by $10 when I bought mine. Of course, the deal was that I would also buy their 2 year warranty at $26 for the $109 price on the cans. I did but I promptly returned the warranty. Since the discount was on the headphones, I only paid $109 + tax for them. Not a bad deal, IMHO.

I live near Point Roberts WA . Don t think there are any Guitar Center nearby. Tha

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #8 of 16
Those deals are around, they are just hard to find.
And also, most deals where you get your ATH-M50's for less than 100 are usually some refurbished ones or used ones. But I think No other headphone can beat the price of ATH-M50 at $109!! They sound incredible for the price.

You can go to the deals thread and ask there. Lots of advice and notifications from there.
And you can go to the Sell/Trade section and see what they have there. You can get a mint condition ATH-M50 for as $80-100

Mar 8, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #9 of 16
Hi,

I will be visiting Miami Beach as well as Sawgrass outlets in florirda soon.  Can anyone suggest any retail stores where I can purchase the ath-M50's from these locations?

Many thanks

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #10 of 16

Quote:

Nice work!  I was in the Guitar Center today and they had the M50s (straight cable) for $159.00 - which seems to be their regular price.  The other day, they actually wanted to charge me $119.00 for their AGK 240 Studio headphones.  Their Web site says $99.00, so I had them match that price.  I have have found another competitor with a lower price, but didn't want the hassle for the $8.00 or so that I might have come up with in additional savings.  In the end, the AKG wasn't my cup of tea, so they went back to the store today.

Mar 15, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #11 of 16
Hi,

Just following up to see if anyone can help me ID where i can purchase the ath-m50's from Miami.

Many thanks

Mar 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
Hi,

Just following up to see if anyone can help me ID where i can purchase the ath-m50's from Miami.

Many thanks

I doubt if you'll be able to locate a deal locally - unless you have a Guitar Center and they match another on-line price.  You'll probably have to resort to mail order off the Internet like 95% of the others have done.

Mar 15, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #14 of 16

unfortunately i do not reside in the USA.  I will be in miami for a holiday and i hope to pick up a pair during my travels

Quote:
I doubt if you'll be able to locate a deal locally - unless you have a Guitar Center and they match another on-line price.  You'll probably have to resort to mail order off the Internet like 95% of the others have done.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #15 of 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back