Where to buy Sound Magic Pl50
May 7, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #3 of 19
mp4nation.net
though shipping could take A LOT of time :D I've paid on Apr 29, currently my PL50 are only processed for delivery on Hongkong Post

May 7, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 19
MP4Nation does have free worldwide shipping though, so yeah, if you're able to wait, just go with them. Head-Direct also has them, but its $30 more, and I don't know how much the shipping would be...

May 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #5 of 19
have you heard any stories of people getting scammed from this site? you know why i'm asking, it being from hong kong and all. they dont have the best reputation for quality.

May 8, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #6 of 19
MP4Nation and FocalPrice both carry PL50. I bought stuff from both places before. Granted they don't have the quickest shipping or customer service, they didn't scam me either. Not every seller in HK is worthless.

May 9, 2010 at 6:11 AM Post #8 of 19
Bought these from Focalprice myself two weeks ago (for only $55AUD!). They took 7 working days to arrive from when I ordered them - quite reasonable. Fyi, I have heard _terrible_ feedback on mp4nation from people in Australia (check the whirlpool forums), so buyer beware there.

May 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM Post #9 of 19
I have bought a lot of stuff from MP4Nations and it has always worked really good. They are maybe not the fastest (i have got a a pair of headphones from china to sweden in 2 DAYS from an other retailer, insane) but they are fast enough in my opinion and very reliable!

May 11, 2010 at 3:33 AM Post #11 of 19
May 11, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #12 of 19

Quote:
MP4Nation and FocalPrice both carry PL50. I bought stuff from both places before. Granted they don't have the quickest shipping or customer service, they didn't scam me either. Not every seller in HK is worthless.

I;ve order my a PL 50 earphone @ Focal price. I used one of the online coupon but i guess they didnt like the 25% off coupon.They told me that my order is cancelled and that there was a "system error" . Until now they havent given me my money back, i've exchange msgs and told them i dont want any other offers and that i just want my money. Now im just going to file a report in paypal. 

If you want a lower price that  head-direct, order @ deal extreme. I have made purchases for the fast 2yrs and havent encounter any problem.

May 11, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #13 of 19
Thanks for the warning! I was going to use that coupon if I ever order the PL50 at Focalprice, but I see it is not worth the pain.

First time I ordered a pair of PL21 from them, they sent a defective pair. Returning them was going to be more expensive for me that ordering a new pair later, so I waited. I ordered a new pair of PL21 a few months ago and they sent MP21! OK, they're more expensive, but that weren't the ones I wanted.

I tried to return them but all the replies I received were in the lines of "please keep them this time" and got a 5% off coupon or something like that.

After reading this, I don't think I'm going to order from them anymore...

On the other spectrum of customer care you have companies like Meelec, who in my humble opinion are an example of customer care. With them I feel at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back