Where to buy PS-1's in Germany
May 17, 2005 at 4:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

Rhydon

MOT: Symphones
My dad regularly travels to Holland, France, and Belgium, he could easily stop by in germany and pick up a pair of PS-1's, bringing them as carry-on's thru customs. This would avoid any additional fee's. Does anyone know what specific audio shops sell the PS-1's??

-Rhydon.

Who knows i might be able to get a "few" extra pairs for those interested.

May 17, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #2 of 42
I'm not sure about this, and am basing my answer off my memory of other threads about the PS-1's... but I don't think they are available in any retail stores in Germany.

As I recall, the PS-1's were designed specifically for a "German client" but were for the "professional audio" market. The original thought behind the PS-1's was that they would never be available in the US (or elsewhere if memory serves) in the retail market. But then there was enough interest from head-fi members that Todd the Vinyl (and Headphone) Junkie was able to swing a deal (presumably with John Grado) to get 2 pairs per month supplied to him for resale in the US market.

I could be wrong about this, and perhaps they are available in retail stores in Germany. If not, I suspect it will be a tough fight to get the information you need about the "German client" if indeed they are being supplied only for the professional market.

The whole PS-1 thing has been rather mysterious from the beginning when people were doubting their very existence. But no other headphones that I've ever heard do bass like the PS-1's so if that's what you're looking for they are worth hunting down!

May 17, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 42
Hey, thanks for saving me guys! I guess that's a job that Superman does naturally.
wink.gif
Unfortunately, I don't see a price in either site.

May 17, 2005 at 9:09 AM Post #7 of 42
Also thanks from me... my wife's parents live in Germany and well, you never know! Does anyone know just how expensive they are in Germany?

TonyAAA

May 17, 2005 at 9:52 AM Post #8 of 42
1250 Euros? at least I recall seeing that figure about a year ago for them.

May 17, 2005 at 10:17 AM Post #9 of 42
Gulp... those Stax Omega IIs are sounding cheap!!!!!

TAAA

May 17, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 42
this shop lists them for 1250 Euros so I guess they haven't gone down in price.
wink.gif

http://www.phonophono.de/YD24009_53.php3?Kennung=

slightly cheaper than buying new ones from Todd, but still expensive compared to when they appear in the FS forums or on eBay.

May 17, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #12 of 42
At 1050 Euro's thats 1325$US, not including taxes..... Damn! And here i thought we could beat the system. Oh well.

Id still love to find out from todd about what deal he has with John. This whole PS-1 mystery is rather odd to me.

May 17, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #14 of 42
I say forget about this phonophono person and call Mr. Ahlefelder at hifi circle (contact details above). He's a great guy and his pricing is fair.

May 17, 2005 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 42
I might give him a call. For the moment im quite pleased with my MSPRO's. But im sure in a couple months il have the bug again.

Looking at the situation, its more work than what its worth. If they turn out to be under 1100$ US then id go for them. Otherwise il wait for a used pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back