Where to buy in Canada
Feb 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #16 of 59
Make you buy from authorized dealers of the brand to receive warranty. It's also important to note sometimes if you buy something say from the states and bring it to another country, warranty cannot be honoured since it may be limited to a specific region where it was purchased and not have global warranty.

May 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #18 of 59

Quote:
Taxes and customs is like a hat draw, it's a matter of luck (unless it's UPS or Fedex) . If you buy internationally, always be prepared to pay extra fees and if you get away with not having to pay then it's your lucky day
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait, are you saying it's better to use UPS/Fedex or worse? Do you run more risks of getting customs fees by using them?

May 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #20 of 59
ask the dealer to send it through usps. ups and fedex charges mad brokerage fees. USPS just charges tax and $5 brokerage fees. 

When my seller was sending my tf10 to me, he marked it as a gift and value of $49... UPS charged me $39.99 fees. I have to call in and say that it is a gift than they refunded me around 24.90. 

My coppers came to me through usps/canada post, valued at $60 (not gift though) i was charged $15 for tax which i find is very reasonable, at some times usps/canada post don't even charge any fees.

Feb 9, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #22 of 59
sorry to bump an old thread.

will i be charged duties/taxes at the door when i order from earphone solutions? i was planning to buy a UM3x or se535 but if i get charged customs/taxes then there is no point

thank you

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #23 of 59
Using couriers like UPS and Fedex you will most definitely get charged with duty fees. With USPS/Canadapost, it's hit and miss from my experience. Marcopolo.ca is an authorized westone dealer and is based out of toronto.

Quote:
sorry to bump an old thread.

will i be charged duties/taxes at the door when i order from earphone solutions? i was planning to buy a UM3x or se535 but if i get charged customs/taxes then there is no point

thank you

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #24 of 59

Courier companies like UPS or FedEx will charge you brokerage (like $20 -$30), which is basically the service to file all the customs paperwork. In theory you can specify a different broker, or do it yourself. In practice you need to be very careful; the higher tiers of service from UPS/FedEx sometimes cover the brokerage costs, so it can be cheaper to ship at a higher/faster service level.

Canada Post will charge a fee under $10, and sales tax. This is only done on packages worth over $20. In practice they often let much more expensive things through without charging anything.

Quote:
Using couriers like UPS and Fedex you will most definitely get charged with duty fees. With USPS/Canadapost, it's hit and miss from my experience. 

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #25 of 59
I was told by a postal worker that the value must be greater than $100 before they charge any fees and taxes. The catch is that it must be marked as a gift. In my case, I don't get any additional charges for the vast majority of items over $100 that I received from the US via the USPS/Canadapost route.

Quote:
Canada Post will charge a fee under $10, and sales tax. This is only done on packages worth over $20. In practice they often let much more expensive things through without charging anything.

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #26 of 59
hmm thanks for replying. so you're saying that if i mark it as a gift i MIGHT get dinged? :D

earphonesolutions has STANDARD Shipping - $6.95 or FREE on Orders Over $98 (5-9 days)

its the free option to canada. anyone know if its USPS? i thought about this option before but they (earphonesolution) make it seem like you arent going to receive your package if you choose the free standard. they are like theres no insurance and theres nothing we can do if its lost. (as though they arent going to send it) XD

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #27 of 59
earphonesolutions has to mark the package as a gift in the customs declaration form with USPS. Ask them if they will do that for you and declare a value of $100 usd. Worth a shot. If they mark it as a gift and declare a value of over $100, there still is the chance of getting dinged.

Feb 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #28 of 59
Hi, I'm staying in downtown Toronto (University of Toronto Student). Just wanted to suggest there's a shop in downtown Toronto called Bay Bloor Radio if you feel like driving over. Best Buy, Futureshop, and iStudio in Eaton Centre also has a few things for you to look at (I saw klipsch's and Shure's, etc...)

Feb 10, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #29 of 59
thanks for your help rip n' burn. i bet if i propose that they'll talk me out of it by saying it will probably lost and theres no insurance/tracking bla bla.

@patanin1st unfortunately i cant drive from vancouver to toronto =P

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #30 of 59
Check out the Headphone Bar in Vancouver. It's at 245 West Broadway. They carry high end iems and headphones. They will also price match any item as long as it's a Canadian retailer. Sigelectronics have probably the best prices for shure iems in Canada.

Quote:
thanks for your help rip n' burn. i bet if i propose that they'll talk me out of it by saying it will probably lost and theres no insurance/tracking bla bla.

@patanin1st unfortunately i cant drive from vancouver to toronto =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back